Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixgun

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
I ordered a case on iphonecaze.com and after a few WEEKS I finally got it.
I have been using this case for only two weeks but the case is falling apart already. First off, the little plastic piece that attached the case came cracked so I was already unpleased with that. Second, the metal piece that surrounds the bumper is peeling due to it not being aligned when put on during production. Due to the wrong alignment, the metal is protruding from the bumper itself and doesn't sit flush. I first saw the case on here and after seeing how it looked I immediately ordered it. I didn't realize it was going to be built like crap. I DO NOT recommend this case to anyone. Anyone else have this case and have the same issues as me?

savoirfaire

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2003
New England
Man, I just got an annoying email from Caze so I came onto MR forums and did a search and found your post. I had the same experience. I placed an order on October 27. It shipped on November 7, but I didn't receive it until November 23. The little plastic piece that attached the case was not cracked when it arrived, but it started cracking within the first week. I emailed them on December 10 asking if they could send a replacement of just the plastic piece, but I got no response. I emailed again this morning, and I got a reply that they would give me 20% off a new Caze. Seriously? Their customer service is unimpressive so far.

I agree that I would not recommend their products to anyone at this point.

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
I was close to buying the ThinEdge. Good thing this thread got bumped. I'm going to politely decline their 20% discount.

graphiteevo

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
The black ThinEdge I had for my slate 5 was SOLID, best bumper on the market
other than than the PS Flat,

This years batch for the 5s is garbage

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
The black ThinEdge I had for my slate 5 was SOLID, best bumper on the market
other than than the PS Flat,

This years batch for the 5s is garbage

That's weird. Why would the 5s batch be any worse than the 5? They should be the exact same thing.

I got a caze bumper last year, but took it off after a few days. Just didn't like the metallic looking part. Other than that, it seemed decent though.

graphiteevo

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
That's weird. Why would the 5s batch be any worse than the 5? They should be the exact same thing.

I got a caze bumper last year, but took it off after a few days. Just didn't like the metallic looking part. Other than that, it seemed decent though.

If you go to iphonecaze.com they have a section for the old thinedge, and the new version.
two totally different designs ;)

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I do agree that their cases are cheap (in quality) and their customer service sucks. Some time last year, I ordered the Zero 5 PRO for my iPhone 5. After just a day the back plastic part separated from the sides/bumper. They would not issue me a refund, but instead offered some other case at 20% off. I declined and opened up a case with paypal who decided in my favor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.