iphone 5s constantly freezing after last update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pellebee, May 19, 2014.

1. pellebee macrumors member

heya

my iPhone 5s is constantly freezing and crashing over and over after the last update (think it was 7.1.1)

please help

Apple has no response as of yet

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Are you able to backup the phone and try a clean restore?

3. Gkb784, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014

Gkb784 macrumors newbie

Same here... But....

My iPhone 5 running on iOS 7.1.1 is doing the same thing since the update. I also noticed a few days ago that my buttons have become somewhat randomly unresponsive. Also, when it crashes, I am not able to power it back on. Screen goes black, spinning circle appears and then goes black and it's DONE!

It is like it is totally power depleted. Then, it will come back on randomly when I plug it into my computer via USB, or sometimes press and hold the power button, but neither consistently.

I have been able to back mine up as of today. I'm not familiar with the restore process. What will the restore do? Will it completely rephrase the phone and then restore it back to it's pre-restored condition ( hopefully minus the bug that's causing the crashes)?

Thanks!

4. prithvitheprime macrumors newbie

As you guys said; my iPhone got the same problem after the update. But did a hard reset and it was working fine now.