Iphone 5s crash. Should I go to the genius bar?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edanza, Oct 11, 2013.

1. edanza macrumors newbie

I just got my new iphone 5s last week. Sometimes it crash. Even appstore, music and voicememo crash. But it does not happen frequently. Then there are about two times the phone freeze for a moment while I was browsing through my photo and when I was downloading app. Here is my diagnostic and usage screenshot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have restored my phone to factory setting yesterday but the same problem still persist. So is my problem serious or is it normal? Since the apple store is quite far from my house, I just hope the problem is worth to go for.

2. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

Mine looks like that too. Does anyone have any idea what the
    Wifimetricsmanagerwatchdogevent is that's listed many many times in the awdd diagnostic files?

Also one of them at the top says Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Subtype: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS

Isn't that the type of error you get with bad RAM on a PC?

3. blarivee macrumors 6502

Wow those are a lot of crashes. I had similar problem with my iPad. I installed as new without restore and the problem hasn't returned since. Fingers crossed :)

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I don't know if it is related to the new 64-bit architecture, but it isn't normal in my opinion ...
    I'm a long time iPhone user, since 3G model, and iPhone's crashes are not frequent at all !
    "Sometimes", speaking about a 5S that could have just a few weeks of usage, is not right.

My iPhone 5 crashed maybe one time in 8 months. If any.

----------

Never had a crash on iPad 4 in one year.

5. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

I have 4 1/2 pages worth of crashes/diag on my 5s

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

impressive

7. Nimish macrumors newbie

Hi - I am facing similar problem. Battery drains down to zero in like 3 hours. Were you able to find a solution ?

8. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Did you upgrade to iOS 8?
    Do you have all the eye candy, that does precious little other than run through your battery, turned off?
    How many bars of cellular do you have at the location the phone is predominantly at?

9. Nimish macrumors newbie

Yes did upgrade to iOS 8.1.2. Most apps are off. Normally there are 3/4 bars of 5. There is some software that keeps on crashing in background I guess.

10. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)