iPhone 5S crashes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by g0odfr1end102, Oct 17, 2013.

1. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Good evening everyone!
    Got my 64g silver iPhone 5S about two weeks ago. Touch ID works flawlessly, and I haven't had any sort of problem with the gyroscope. However, I've experienced many crashes (not only blue screen of death or pages bug). When doing something as basic as typing a text, the screen freezes and randomly reboots. This probably happens about once or twice per day. I haven't seen a topic on this subject here, and wanted to know if this was a widespread issue (I really hope so, stocks are as you know very tight here in France if a replacement unit is needed...).

Thanks in advance, and hi from France!

2. Roller macrumors 68020

I doubt if it's widespread. I'd take it back to an Apple store. You could wait until supplies are less constrained, though it sounds bad enough that you wouldn't want to keep using it.

3. iosuser macrumors 6502a

I think it's more to do with iOS 7 than the 5s itself. My 5s had two spontaneous reboots so far in the 3 weeks since I bought it, and quite a few app crashes, namely Safari and the camera app. My iPad 4 had similar number of app crashes, and one spontaneous reboot.

Rebooting once or twice a day is definitely excessive. I'd definitely take it in if it was happening to mine.

4. gCloud macrumors 6502a

5. g0odfr1end102 thread starter macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

I did when setting it up, following advices on other threads. I also restored it one week ago to see if that would have any effect, it unfortunately didn't (my safari browser crashed when typing this post for instance). Bad news is, aside from the fact that stocks are extremely limited here in France, I do not live next to an Apple Store (the closest one is a 3hours long train ride).
    Also—another question: can I get a replacement unit in a month if it is still crashing after a possible iOs7 update? By which I mean, will it still be under warranty and can I get a replacement through my operator (Orange)?

Thanks for your input guys, they are very welcome and useful!

6. gCloud macrumors 6502a

Maybe try a dfu restore.

7. roccobladr macrumors 6502

I'm starting to experience this more and more as well. I think it may be iOS7 so hopefully an update will help. Otherwise my plan is to wait and if it still happens a lot ill just take it to the genius bar.

8. Juanefny macrumors regular

Are you still having this issue? There's at least 4 other threads about this issue but they are area all separate, wish they were merged so we could see how widespread this really is. Ps. I've had two replacements and they both reboot.