iPhone 5S - Dead camera and flash

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FatMax, Jul 23, 2015.

1. FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

My father upgraded his phone to 8.4 when it came out and Apple all of a sudden decided it was time to downgrade his cameras to only the front one and no flash.

I understand other people has this issue as well, evidenced by Apples support communities. The time it happened also coincided with other users there.

We've tried force reboot, restore without and with backup and iOS Beta 8.4.1. I've seen people say iOS 9 Beta will not solve the issue (reluctant to test as he has an Watch he uses daily). I've also reset network settings (which made the phone become a speedy beast).

I've also dismantled the screen of the phone, taken out the camera and disconnected the battery for 15 minutes to see if that deleted any other potential memory issues. What's weird is that the back camera and flash are two separate components with their own connections. Seems likely it's a software issue to me.

Has anyone had similar experiences and did you fix it?

2. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Lol I have a iPhone 5S replacement space grey 64GB Unlocked, I was on 8.4, and the flashlight/ led flash stopped working, went to the Apple store and they replaced it today. Note I still had 90 days of warranty from my previous replacement.