IPhone 5s dead, port or board?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slammed01, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Slammed01 macrumors member

Had a battery replaced and it didn't help my fast drain. Ran down to 0% last night due to we only had 1 charger that worked for our 5s since we have 2.

Tried charging this am for 3 hours then hooked up to belkin and anker charger with no response. Home/power nothing, also tried recovery to iTunes and silent switch.

How common are charging ports or boards to go out? Battery prior had 691 charges so shop replaced due to fast drain/slow charge and that one had 250 cycles with 1500 capacity.

Will Apple diagnose ports/boards in store? We have a old 5 on iOS 8.2 that I can use any of the above chargers on without issue and both 5s ports have been cleaned and fiancées has the same symptoms of fast drain/slow charge.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant use the board or other old parts from an iphone 5 to an iphone 5s.
    Apple will diagnose it and offer you an out of warranty replacement for the fee's below.

Model Out-of-warranty service*

iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus $329
    iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 $299
    iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $269
    iPhone 4s $199
    iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G $149

3. Slammed01 thread starter macrumors member

So is that the fee to diagnose or. Include repair? I wasn't going to use the old parts just stating the 5 outlasts these 2 5s phones.

Talked to another repair place which diagnostic is $35 and if board $15 extra but may lose Touch ID.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Those are the fee's I posted above for Apple to replace the whole phone.
    They dont charge anything to diagnose it.

5. Slammed01 thread starter macrumors member

Awesome, thank you! Previous owner had screen replaced so it's a space gray with white face so idk how they'd like that lol

6. Slammed01 thread starter macrumors member

Had someone come over from icracked, tried switching port and battery with no luck on getting charge. Keep my 5 until good deal on 5s 32!