iPhone 5S dent replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kwonjason, Feb 8, 2014.

1. kwonjason macrumors newbie

So recently I dropped my phone recently and I found out that there's a dent. I ignored it because it wasn't major. But recently my home button was getting unresponsive and touch ID occasionally work. Also there is dust stuck in my camera. I made an appointed with the genius bar, but i don't know if they will replace it for me because of the dent and this void my warranty.

Do you think apple will replace it? I don't really care if its a refurbish as long as it will fix all these problems.

Attached Files:

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

in my past experience, i was denied a dust under screen claim because the phone had showed signs of being dropped, but i've never seen anyone be denied a replacement for a broken home button, so i think you're good as long as you can replicate the issue. re: touch id, i'd imagine they'd have you redo your fingerprint reading, so i wouldn't even bother mentioning it.

3. kwonjason thread starter macrumors newbie

I also forgot to mention my battery life is horrible at most it lasts 3 hours... My battery gets really hot and I guess I can show that because it happens when I hear music too long. btw thanks

4. blarivee macrumors 6502

Nowadays, Apple just replaces the battery instead of handing out replacements. They will run diagnostics to determine if the battery is bad. No clue on they will handle your power button issue.

5. kwonjason thread starter macrumors newbie

Im pretty sure they won't replace my phone for this but i have few specks of dust stuck in my camera do they clean it for you?

6. blarivee macrumors 6502

If you look at the internals, the camera module is modular. In theory, they can clean it or replace it if the dust is trapped on the CMOS sensor. Since you are bringing it in, there is no harm in asking them. When you schedule the appointment, list the problems you would like them to look at.

I forgot to mention, getting replacements really depends on the Genius you get. Good luck :)

7. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

As somebody who went through -5- iPhone 5's because of dust in the camera trust me when I say: they won't attempt to clean it.

They'll just give you a new one (especially if it shows up in pictures).

And the dent won't matter.

8. kwonjason thread starter macrumors newbie

9. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Well, if the 5ses VMI (Visual/Mechanical Inspection) guide it anything like the 5's VMI Guide, housing dents are considered normal wear and should not void you warranty.

Of course, YMMV depending on the Geniuses mood.