Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p-lo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2016
Hey guys,

I replaced my digitizer from a popular seller on eBay. Within the first day, the digitizer started having random deadspots; I couldn't swipe left and right, type on the KB. Resetting and restarting the phone fixed the problem for several hours, then the same problem recurred. I've tried restoring the phone, without improvement. Now I've noticed that when the phone is plugged in (to computer / charger) the problem would totally disappear and the digitizer would work perfectly, then when unplugged it would come back. Basically, the digitzer would work fine all the time only when plugged in. I did the screen install myself without any problems or chances of damage.

Any ideas what could be the cause / solution?

Thanks,
P

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
Hey guys,

I replaced my digitizer from a popular seller on eBay. Within the first day, the digitizer started having random deadspots; I couldn't swipe left and right, type on the KB. Resetting and restarting the phone fixed the problem for several hours, then the same problem recurred. I've tried restoring the phone, without improvement. Now I've noticed that when the phone is plugged in (to computer / charger) the problem would totally disappear and the digitizer would work perfectly, then when unplugged it would come back. Basically, the digitzer would work fine all the time only when plugged in. I did the screen install myself without any problems or chances of damage.

Any ideas what could be the cause / solution?

Thanks,
P

Try to restore the phone to factory via iTunes and then if the problem persists it is a hardware issue. Apple will replace the screen for a fee or you can seek a replacement from the eBay seller and attempt to replace the screen yourself again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.