Iphone 5s dock doesn't allow phone to charge to 100%

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dstopsie, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anybody else noticed that when you place the new iPhone 5S on the dock it does not charge to 100%. First night I thought okay we'll maybe I didn't seat the phone properly in the dock and it only charged it to 98%. The last night when I charged my phone I made sure it was fully in the dock and pressed all the way down, seated properly, etc.

Sure enough I wake up this morning and again it's not charged to 100%, again only charged to 98%

I have had Apple docks before and never had this issue. To get the phone to charged to 100% I had to take it out of the dock and plug the lightning cable directly into the phone

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the dock?

2. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

The dock is no different than the cable. Why should it behave differently? You didnt mention how long you charged the phone untill you removed it. I suppose that you didnt wait long enough. The last few % take always the longest.

3. wxman2003 Suspended

Reboot your phone right away. If it comes back up at 100% instead of 98%, calibrate battery by letting it drain to zero, and then fully charge. What you are doing is adding a trickle charge by connecting to cable again. Or download boost magic and it will charge, trickle carge, and top off to get it to 100%. I use that app once a month and it kept my 5 battery in great condition.

4. matttye macrumors 601

I thought that as it took ages to go from 98%-100%, but did eventually. But that was while it was sat on my desk, awake.

My phone always comes off the charger at 100% when it's been on there overnight.

5. Dstopsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Charged from 10pm last night til 530 am today

That's long enough to charge it to 100%

----------

Already did that. Phone showed 100% then reverted back to 98%

I also reset network settings, same thing showed 100% then went to 98%

Plugged in cable directly to phone and went to 100% within 5 minutes and stayed there. This is a dock issue

----------

But are you using the new 5s DOCK?

I don't have an issue charging it to 100% when it's not on the dock my post just wanted to if anybody else using the dock is having trouble getting the phone to 100%

6. matttye macrumors 601

Yeah I have the dock!

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

Either there is a problem with your dock or your phone. I have the 5S dock although I'm using it with my 5 until my 5S arrives. The phone always charges to 100%.

8. wxman2003 Suspended

Since he can charge to 100% with just the cable, I would agree that it is the dock. If it was his phone, even the cable would not be able to get it to 100%.

9. Dstopsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

The phone charges fine with the cable. Goes to 100% each time. It's when it's on the dock it won't charge past 98%.

10. Popsie macrumors member

Got the same problem with the Belkin dock. Every morning ( the phone is on the dock all night) it only charges to 98 %.
    When i reset the phone, even after an hour when i'm at work, it goes tO 100 % and stays there until it as normal goes back to 99,98....
    It is certainly a phone thing.

11. MoxFulder macrumors newbie

I got the same problem. The new 5S dock with iPhone 5S only charges to 98%. When i use the cable directly, it always charges to 100%.

Cheers

12. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Ya probably need to get the dock exchange because mine is working fine! 100% everytime unless I remove it before of course.