iPhone 5s doesn't start after using iCleaner Pro to disable OTA daemon

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by urban20, Nov 4, 2014.

1. urban20, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

urban20 macrumors newbie

I have installed iOS 8.1 and jailbroken it with Pangu8 1.1(with Cydia).
    Pangu8 untether version is updated to 0.2.
    I have disabled OTA update daemon with 'Software Update Killer'. And there hasn't been any problems with 'Software Update Killer'.
    http://cydia.saurik.com/package/net.crazy.updateskiller/
    Everything was ok except when I have started using iCleaner 7.2.3 version which is meant for iOS 7. I was thinking that it is secure to disable OTA daemon and leave other daemons enabled.
    Before disabling OTA update with iCleaner Pro, 'Software Update Killer' was still enabled.
    So I have disabled OTA update daemon second time with iCleaner Pro and iPhone 5s doesn't start.
    It's like double 'disable OTA update daemon' function isn't working well.
    I have left iPhone to turn on and get past Apple logo.
    Several times it has shown blue screen. After this blue screen iPhone restarted instantly.
    DFU mode is working but I need to save the info from iPhone : it isn't in computer. Some of this info can't be backed up by iTunes. I can't wipe out iPhone 5s.

I have tried to turn on Substrate safe mode by holding Volume Up button and it isn't working.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I recall seeing that the Pangu team states to not alter the software update daemon or you will have to restore. You're only option left is to restore your device.

3. urban20 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any way to backup whole iPhone HDD before restoring ?

4. urban20 thread starter macrumors newbie

And what about professionals who work for money ? Would they be able to backup disk without destroying iPhone ?