iPhone 5S dramatic battery life increase?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonehype, Nov 16, 2013.

1. iphonehype macrumors 6502

Hi All,

So I just moved over from the iPhone 5 I normally get about 5-6 hours of battery per day.

The same use on my iPhone 5S I am getting a 15/16 hour use per day.

Is it just the better processor being more efficient given better battery life?

Is it just me seeing this dramatic increase?

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

15-16 hours of usage are just impossible ....

3. kwokaaron macrumors 6502a

kwokaaron

4. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

My usage is at 4 hours and standby around 15 hours and have 28% left...battery life should be better

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

The type of usage makes so much of a difference that just saying "I get x hours of usage" is meaningless. There is a HUGE difference in energy consumption between talk time, gaming and videos, with bluetooth and wi-fi on; compared to say, listening to music all day and hardly every turning on the screen.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Impossible for us to say without knowing all the details regarding everything affecting your battery life. As always, differences in configuration, usage, coverage, etc etc or even combinations of those factors could be at play. We can't tell you what your improvement is due to. You'd need to track it down yourself.

7. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

My 4s usually got about 7-8 hours of serious use maybe 9 or so on great days. My 5s is about 12-13 hours easy, doing the same things if not more.
    I would charge my 4s every night, my 5s is every other day or so.
    [​IMG]

8. blesio macrumors regular

Sure, but nobody ever mentioned that background sync also turns the usage clock, that's why ppl get so big results... Just figured this out looking at my usage times... Damn you apple.

9. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

I don't use wifi/background sync, I manually sync everything. Also I believe the phone has to be plugged in charging and on a wifi network which would show up under usage, which would show up as phone has been plugged in since last charge.