Iphone 5s error 1 Help Needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jay-zee-s, Feb 13, 2015.

1. jay-zee-s macrumors newbie

hi there
    well actually im gonna buy this iphone with this error :)
    the iphone got wet(as the owner said) and not booting up
    [​IMG]
    this screen pops up when attaching to pc and itunes returns the error 1 when upgarding
    its around 150usd(full pack/is it fair?) the phone has got wet and its case disassembled by mobile servicer(repairman or anything else idonnt know)
    ive upgraded an ipad before and im not acually noob:D so what to do?is it repairable?
    guys plz help me here

2. Bomb Bloke macrumors regular

Bomb Bloke

Will the phone power on at all if not plugged in? If not, it's likely a brick - spare parts - and I wouldn't pay more than ~$80 (bearing in mind that I'm in a position where "spare parts" are useful). Switching the battery with one that you know to be charged would be a simple way to be sure.

3. jay-zee-s thread starter macrumors newbie

all right :( im gonna ask him your question .
    iphone is not available on contract in my country and is more expensive :mad:

4. jay-zee-s, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015

jay-zee-s thread starter macrumors newbie

yeap .the seller says the screen above(connect to itunes) pops up when plugging in the charger.any ideas?
    Edit: i didnt pay attention about what did you said,ill answer you as soon as possible

5. lanuser macrumors newbie

Error 1 is hardware problem 100%.
    I wish you good luck trying to restore or repair this device.
    As of right now i have figure it out how to fix Error 1 problem but for rest of you guys with you engineering skills and learn how to read schematic.
    Just in case give you heads up: DO NOT TOUCH shield over Baseband IC and/or don't think removing or re-balling Daseband IC.
    Hint: It is Baseband circuit issue.