Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HrcaA3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Hi,

I have a problem with Iphone 5S. I plugged my iphone to charge and it froze. My home button is not working so i can't restart it.My battery was at 60%.How can I restart it. I dont wanna to do hard reset because I have some very important files.Please help!!!!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I dont wanna to do hard reset because I have some very important files.
?????

Are you under the assumption that a hard reset will restore your phone?

If you are, that's like saying CTR+ALT+DELETE on a PC will wipe all your files and reinstall Windows.

A hard reset will simply reboot your phone. Nothing more.

Reactions: Sunny1990

HrcaA3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Ok thank you. Can you please send me instructions how to backup and restart iphone using itunes

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Ok thank you. Can you please send me instructions how to backup and restart iphone using itunes
Well, you can't backup if the phone is frozen.

You have to hard reset first. And if a hard reset doesn't restart the phone then you probably have a hardware issue.

Once the phone is restarted then you can connect to iTunes (or just use iCloud) and backup.

HrcaA3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
My home button is frozen. And I just realized that only screen is frozen. iOS is working.I can hear Facebook Messenger sounds and I can hear when somebody is calling me. But the screen is black.

Patron_Saint

Suspended
Jun 10, 2016
My home button is frozen. And I just realized that only screen is frozen. iOS is working.I can hear Facebook Messenger sounds and I can hear when somebody is calling me. But the screen is black.
Did you do what I said above?

Because if not, it's now been like two hours that you've been messing with this, despite being given the solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.