iPhone 5s Future?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fadingvampire, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Fadingvampire macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I have a quick query on the iPhone 5s' future. After the recent announcement of the iPhone SE, I noticed that phone plans for the iPhone 5s dropped in my country (Australia). As a uni student, I'm tempted to just go on a cheap plan for an iPhone 5s, especially since there is one plan available for a 16gb iPhone 5s that just requires you to pay for the phone plan only.

My main concern however is whether the iPhone 5s would last a couple of years longer; or would I just be getting into problems say in a few months-to a year time? As long as I can take photos, browse the internet, listen to music, and use apps with fairly decent speed and battery life, I'm happy!

Any help is appreciated :)

2. NZfly macrumors member

The 5s speed is still pretty decent I'd just be worried with the 1gb of ram since all apples latest products are 2gb, going forward iOS 10 and beyond you may start getting a bit of slowdown, if you can afford it id go with the Se but the 5s is still a perfectly good phone.

3. oldmacs macrumors 68040

I would think it's got another 2 iOS updates in it, if not more. The 1GB of ram will get restrictive, but its not a bad phone.

4. Fadingvampire thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys for responding :) I'm not a heavy user, so hopefully that helps with the 1GB ram! I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime, so the iPhone 5s will be faster than that I'm sure haha :)