Iphone 5s gold VS. 6 gold

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iHeartsteve, Sep 29, 2014.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I always try to buy a case before purchasing a new iPhone. My current iPad mini case matches the gold of the 5s white phone PERFECTLY. It seems the gold on the 6 is a different shade? If it's only slightly off, then I'll buy a clear case for the 6.

Can people post comparison photos of the gold 5s back and the 6 gold??

TIA :cool:

2. JeremyE macrumors regular

I actually was looking for this. My wife isn't 100% on whether she wants it because she's scared it will be too gold. Couldn't find comparisons for the life of me.

3. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

saw a few online but the light seems really off. the forum members on here seem to understand the OCD craze ;)

4. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

The gold on the 6/6 Plus is most definitely a more vivid "gold" than the 5s' "champagne" hue ;)

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

Iphone 5s gold VS. 6 gold

Horrible quality photo but you can spot the color difference here. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412069758.759152.jpg

6. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

Oh wow, there's definitely a difference. Thanks for this, I had no idea. I do remember that the gold on the 5s used to almost be indistinguishable from the silver in certain lighting.

7. maxsquared macrumors regular

I have the gold 6, It's really nice gold, not too flashy, it is definitely not as yellow as the picture shows on my screen.

8. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

IMO the Gold iPhone 5s was the best colour option

for the iPhone 6, the Gold is the worst.
    something about the rounded edges making the gold option look tacky. the square edges and the muted champagne on the 5s makes it look classy

9. maxsquared macrumors regular

Have you seen a gold iPhone 6 in person?

10. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

yup
    gold plus, bought on launch day for family member.
    Note also that the antenna bands on the silver and space grey are colour coordinated to make them somewhat discreet. on the gold, it's pure white, made to contrast against the gold.
    i wanted the gold 6, but ended with a space grey

11. maxsquared macrumors regular

Admittedly, the space gray is the best colour for this generation of iPhone, however, I do feel the gold version is no where as bad as how people make out to be and it looks drastically different from any images I've seen on the internet, in my personal opinion, it certainly looks more decent than the sliver one.

12. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Thank you for taking the time to post photos. I decided to go to the apple store and I think in person the gold is not as garish as I was concerned it would be. Going gold again ;)

13. gigaguy macrumors 65816

On Apple.com there is a page where you can compare phones and click on the colors and you can immediately compare the 5s and 6 gold also.