iphone 5s gold VS. 6 gold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHeartsteve, Sep 29, 2014.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Like most of you, I always try to buy a case before purchasing a new iPhone. My current iPad mini case matches the gold of the 5s white phone PERFECTLY. It seems the gold on the 6 is a different shade? If it's only slightly off, then I'll buy a clear case for the 6.

Can people post comparison photos of the gold 5s back and the 6 gold??

TIA :cool:

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Seems to be more saturated yellow gold on the 6 vs. more champagne on the 5s.

[​IMG]

3. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

It changes a lot with the viewing angle though, appearing almost silver at times.

4. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

My gold 5s looks a lot less gold than my 6+ does.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I noticed that too or maybe it's a visual trick, the phone is bigger and it has more real estate than the 5s so it shows gold more. The 6 series is also all aluminum vs. gold and glass. The white glass back also tampers the golden color so it mellows it out a lil bit in the 5s.

6. phillytim macrumors 65816

phillytim

I was noticing how more saturated the iPhone 6 gold was compared to the more-subtle 5s, at the Apple Store the other night.

I thought it was just the lighting of the store, but yeah...there is a difference (and I think for the better).

Which gold do you guys prefer?

7. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

Never owned a gold phone before but I'm loving this one. It's a beautiful hue. It certain light it looks silverish.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, there's an actual color difference. They made it more yellow golden for the iPhone 6 series.

9. iHeartsteve, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

thanks for all the replies. I went to the apple store tonight and I'm happy to report that it's only slightly darker, not more yellow. Still coordinates with my champagne iPad mini cover. As someone else mentioned in the accessories section, due to the larger surface area - that also creates an illusion of more gold.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]