iPhone 5s handoff

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Serban, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Serban Suspended

So for those who already tested:
    lets say you are working on something on your mac and you want to continue on your iphone 5s(with a touchid/passcode enabled). When you up the bottom left icon you will have to enter your passcode or finger ? If yes the seamless unlocking the iphone 5s with your touchid will be gone for this feature

2. Serban thread starter Suspended

i mean all the good features about quick replay from lock screen or notifications are gone if you have the iphone secured. I mean Apple make you choose if you want secure and seamless unlock your phone OR if you want quick handoff you must remove the passcode/touchid feature

3. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Touch ID is so fast and easy anyway, does it really make that big of a difference? I forget that my phone is secured most of the time.

4. Serban thread starter Suspended

If you use handoff what will be the next step that iOS8 will put in your face using a secure iphone? i tell you:enter your passcode

5. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

6. Serban thread starter Suspended

Now a simple click on your secured iphone 5s wake and unlock you iphone 5s.
    With handoff a simple swipe up from the bottom left icon will prompt the passcode i think

----------

I mean the seamless touchid unlock your iphone will be gone when you are using handoff

7. 960design macrumors 68020

Yes, you are correct. Handoff is quick and easy. Just place your finger over touchID and then swipe left.

Done.

Takes about 2 seconds. Faster than I can actually get up and get away from my keyboard.

8. Serban thread starter Suspended

I don"t understand but i saw again apple wwdc and they used both iphone and ipad without passcode for instant handoff

----------

So they make touchid for people to not enter the passcode everytime when you want to use your phone, but if you use handoff everytime, we are back in time

9. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Where are you getting this from? Why would TouchID be disabled just for handoff? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

10. Anton- macrumors newbie

I'm currently using the iOS 8 beta on my iPhone 5s. Here's how it goes:
    If you're doing something on your Mac and it's supported with handoff you get the app's icon on the bottom left of your lock screen. If you swipe up you are prompted for your pass code. You can either enter your code or use touchid and then it'll open the app with whatever you were doing. If you don't want to use handoff you still use touchid normally like we do with iOS 7.

Also you don't need to use touchid or enter a password for quick reply.