Iphone 5s in suck in Restore nightmare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aruv, Dec 23, 2014.

1. aruv macrumors newbie

Last night my Iphone 5s suddenly rebooted and upon rebooting showed a blue screen. I couldn't get it to turn back on or even display an image. I tried the DFU mode button combo, but nothing worked. I read some stuff online about blue screens and learned that I could restore it using Itunes.

Plugged it into iTunes and started restore. While plugged in to computer I could do the home+power to put phone into mode that it's recognized by iTunes, however there is still no image. I click restore and I thought all would be good. Nope. Screen is stuck in this image: http://i.imgur.com/VM2xnV6.jpg

I let it sit for hours and still no go. I downloaded TinyUmbrella and "Fix recovery" didn't work. I tried Redsn0w and no go. Phone is out of warranty and I could use some help on how to get this damn phone out of this recovery mode hell.

Thank you

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Could be a hardware problem, an easier test would be try the DFU on another PC.

3. aruv thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

This is not good. I still have my 5S too. What will you do? Will you buy a 6/6+?

How much would it cost to take it to a genius at Apple do you think?