iPhone 5s - Infinite boot loop (after screen replacement)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Atrit, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Atrit macrumors newbie

Hi,

After I replaced the LCD digitizer on an iPhone 5s, it has gone into an infinite boot loop:

1. You can see the Apple logo for about 1 min.
    2. The LCD turns bluish.
    3. Restarts and does the same thing again.
    4. After the second time, the phone turns it self off, and it is no longer possible to turn it on again. If I remove the battery, and then up it back in, the same thing happens.

I've tried replacing the battery and cleaning the connectors with isopropyl alcohol, but no luck.

Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IiF7B33HAk

Any ideas?

2. Charadis macrumors 6502a

That's strange. Did you just replace the screen? Have you tried reinstalling the old screen to see if this same outcome (bootloop) occurs? I recommend reopening the phone and trying the old screen, and if this problem persists, then we can rule out a faulty replacement screen.

If you haven't already, run through the iFixit tutorial on connectors you might have unplugged or potentially damaged; there should only be 5 connectors to disconnect (battery, TouchID, screen, digitizier, front cam/proximity sensor). Did you pry the screen from the phone from the internal casing? Check for damage if you did, and any potential marking on the logic board or SMDs.