iphone 5s ios 10.2 battery drains in standby mode!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pandi.ruvina, Mar 17, 2017.

1. pandi.ruvina macrumors regular

Hello I have an iphone 5S, updated to the latest ios version 10.2, but the battery keeps draining in standby mode, even when not using it at all. Tried all the parameters on how to maximise battery life, tried all the steps from all the forums possible, restored the device as new, closed all location services, background app refresh and even turned all the time power reserve, but the battery keeps draining! Anyone who can help me, maybe not being able to restore the device as new properly? or is something that is hardware related? because already run a diagnostic, it shows 95,79% of capacity of being charged to 100% and has only 300 cycles.

2. SSAJ macrumors 6502

I also a 5S battery drain was also an issue but after updating to 10.2.1 its now gone you also do that or wait 10.3 to drop and update to that

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

How much is the battery draining. The phone will still use some power, even in standby. How much is yours losing?

4. pandi.ruvina thread starter macrumors regular

In a day i might charge it like 2-3 times. my day is like :
    8:00 AM 100%
    10:00 AM 72% (minimal usage just for

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sounds like you may have something running in the back ground. Social apps like Facebook and Twitter can be big battery drains. It is also possible you need a new battery as the 5S has been around for a few years now. If you can get it to an Apple Store they can run diagnostics if one is close by.

Also check in settings, battery and it will show how much power each app is using. If you battery is good, your iPhone should last a full day and then some with normal use. To be charging your phone that often you would have to be living on it.

If you could post a screen shot of the battery use, other may be able to help

6. pandi.ruvina thread starter macrumors regular

IMG_0625.PNG
    Sorry the first post just updated by itself!

already checked on background, tried all possible options on apple site and all the forums, still keeps draining in standby mode! my fear is only that here we don't have apple store, only authorised reseller! my question is : if i change battery will still be presented this issue or not?! So that's is why i'm asking here!

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Just the two hours of You Tube and another hour on Safari will put a good dent in your battery.

8. pandi.ruvina thread starter macrumors regular

Nahhh, maybe for this day! i'm using Safari for facebook (don't want the app because for me is a culprit for background and drains battery) and for navigating other pages! but if I just leave it there without internet connection, locked the battery will die by itself, i might give it maybe 7-8 hrs without doing nothing and the drain is continuous!!

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The battery will always drain some. It would be better to see the battery report after charged and put on airplane mode for a few hours. Only time you will have no drain is if your phone is turned off.

10. pandi.ruvina thread starter macrumors regular

So what do you suggest? maybe a test or a procedure that i might try? And if this can help understand if i really need to replace battery!

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

There are several apps out there but best if you can get it to an Apple Store but I have a feeling you do not have one close. They have diagnostic software that will help.

Sorry.

12. pandi.ruvina thread starter macrumors regular

Will you suggest me maybe some apps just for a test! already tried a diagnostic from someone who works at an apple store they showed like 95% capacity and only 460 cycles in total. so to them it's ok on hardware issue! i don't know what to do!

13. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

There is an app called ibackupbot that you can use.

Another is coconut battery but it is installed on your MAC and works through iTunes I think.

Apple can also do diagnostics over the phone from what I understand.

Have not used any of these as I have never had any problems.

Good Luck

14. pandi.ruvina thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot