Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keithle06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
First time poster, Hopefully I wont waste anyone's time.

Basically My iPhone 5s with jailbreak works perfectly fine, But I REALLY want to start from scratch. Those who use their jailbreak a lot probably know that after installing and deleting a lot of things on your idevice a lot of unnecessary files and hidden stuff never gets deleted unless you know your way around iFile (which I don't, though i have tried). So all i wanted was to restore without updating so i can start from scratch and only have the tweaks and stuff that I really want and have found through the years.

I have tried both 7.0.4 and 7.0.6 and i can't get anything to work. I HAVE tried everything i found online.

The errors started with 3194, then 2005, then 11, 17, 2005, 2005, 3194, 3194, 11, 17. I have tried my new HP Pavilion, and the wifes Macbook pro. I have tried every lightning cable i have. I went through and fixed the "Hosts" file with the gs.apple.com line. I have used Tiny Umbrella. I have countlessly tried turning the comp(s) off and on. I even fully uninstalled all anti virus in case. And even all forms of internet (Different access points, Ethernet cable, etc). I went through the firewall. I tried it with the device in normal "ON" mode, Recovery mode, DFU mode etc. Every description for every error I have tried to the "T".

I even tried the full factory reset on the device but it just sits on a black screen with a spinning white circle.

I really do not want to update to the newest ios because I love the jailbreak.

I know i can just say screw it and leave it because everything is fine for the moment, But I have always found a way to make this work and for whatever reason this time I can't. Is there anything out there that someone might know that I can try? Besides all of the repeated tutorials on youtube and forums? I am pretty tech savvy ( besides for hating using iFile).

Again I apologize if i wasted your time, I never ask for help, I'm just lost. Thanks again everyone.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
First time poster, Hopefully I wont waste anyone's time.

Basically My iPhone 5s with jailbreak works perfectly fine, But I REALLY want to start from scratch. Those who use their jailbreak a lot probably know that after installing and deleting a lot of things on your idevice a lot of unnecessary files and hidden stuff never gets deleted unless you know your way around iFile (which I don't, though i have tried). So all i wanted was to restore without updating so i can start from scratch and only have the tweaks and stuff that I really want and have found through the years.

I have tried both 7.0.4 and 7.0.6 and i can't get anything to work. I HAVE tried everything i found online.

The errors started with 3194, then 2005, then 11, 17, 2005, 2005, 3194, 3194, 11, 17. I have tried my new HP Pavilion, and the wifes Macbook pro. I have tried every lightning cable i have. I went through and fixed the "Hosts" file with the gs.apple.com line. I have used Tiny Umbrella. I have countlessly tried turning the comp(s) off and on. I even fully uninstalled all anti virus in case. And even all forms of internet (Different access points, Ethernet cable, etc). I went through the firewall. I tried it with the device in normal "ON" mode, Recovery mode, DFU mode etc. Every description for every error I have tried to the "T".

I even tried the full factory reset on the device but it just sits on a black screen with a spinning white circle.

I really do not want to update to the newest ios because I love the jailbreak.

I know i can just say screw it and leave it because everything is fine for the moment, But I have always found a way to make this work and for whatever reason this time I can't. Is there anything out there that someone might know that I can try? Besides all of the repeated tutorials on youtube and forums? I am pretty tech savvy ( besides for hating using iFile).

Again I apologize if i wasted your time, I never ask for help, I'm just lost. Thanks again everyone.

You cannot install any firmware that Apple is not signing. Apple is no longer signing any version besides 7.1.1. Therefore, you cannot install any version but 7.1.1. There is no way around this.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Like said above. You cant find a way to make it work cause its not possible.
Only option you have is leave it where its at right now or restore to the latest ios version and that at the moment is 7.1.1
Dont bother searching youtube videos or any other web searches. Apple made that option go away a long time ago.

keithle06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
Oh man... well that blows. lol I wish i could of found that out before spending hours trying. I really appreciate the help guys. And thanks for replying quickly.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
Oh man... well that blows. lol I wish i could of found that out before spending hours trying. I really appreciate the help guys. And thanks for replying quickly.

You could have - all it would have taken is a search of the posts in this thread or a simple google search. You are not the first or the last to post about this ^^

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

closest you can get to a restore on a jailbroken device is either semirestore or ilexrat

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
You could have - all it would have taken is a search of the posts in this thread or a simple google search. You are not the first or the last to post about this ^^

Seriously, seems like everyday there's a new thread about this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.