iphone 5s ios7-- queasy..screen? or just adjusting?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MBF1216, Nov 8, 2013.

1. MBF1216 macrumors newbie

Hi! I had an old Blackberry that I loved and still do! Deciding to join the rest of the world and got an iphone 5s.. I like some things and I am getting used the virtual keyboard. I do get a little queasy when typing, texting, scrolling through email and Facebook. I'm normally fine on my ipad mini (not a retina display)

Do you think this is something with just adjusting to the iphone? the retina display? ios7?? I definitely get motion sick in general, but so do many people and I'm sure most are fine using an iphone! I already did the reduce motion which helped with some of it.

I notice worse end of day after I've been on laptop and ipad too. I'm out of my 14 days but it is tempting to go back to my BB : )

2. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

The animations were making some people feel like that. trying turn them off by going to settings> general> accessibility> set reduce motion to on.

Might help to nudge the brightness down a tad too. Im sure you'll adjust in a few days.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I don't recall off hand where the setting is, but you can also try turning on the "increase contrast" option - it turns off some of the transparencies used in the UI. Turning on the "bold fonts" option also may help.

Personally I don't use either of these, but it's worth a try for you.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

The increased contrast mentioned is under accessibility options. :)

5. ManuCH macrumors 6502

Make sure you're not sitting in a cramped position and holding the phone itself in some weird way, maybe because you're still getting used to it.

I've noticed the same happen to me when I switched from a traditional non-touch phone to an iPhone back in 2007, and it still happens to me for some time when I buy a new iPad and spend hours on it setting it up the way I want.

So it's definitely not iOS 7 related in my opinion. It's more of an ergonomic/posture related issue.