iPhone 5S IPSW issues, not compatible

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dictoresno, Nov 27, 2013.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Ive downloaded the same IPSW file from a few different sources, including Apples servers and continue to get "firmware not compatible" errors. I know the IPSW file is correct and all I ever do is the manual restore (shift-select) method so I know how it all works.

I wasnt having this issue with my iPhone 5 last week with the same computer and cable. Anyone else having this issue? Windows 7 machine and the newest iTunes software.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

What version are you trying to install and is it the 5s the Verizon in your sig? Also, what happens if you just restore as new in iTunes and let iTunes automatically download and install 7.0.4?

I haven't done anything since putting 7.1 b1 on last week (also Windows 7 and x64).

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

i havent tried the restore button in itunes yet (letting it download the firmware on its own) but im 100% sure it will work.

the point is for some reason its not letting me do it via IPSW like i always do for some reason. and yes, im trying to put a fresh copy of 7.0.4 on it so i can set it up as new. im using the iPhone6,2_7.0.4_11B554a_Restore IPSW.

4. HenryAZ, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013

HenryAZ macrumors 6502

HenryAZ

I find it confusing the way the IPSW files for the 5s are labeled, as GSM or CDMA. According to this, all A1453 & A1533 5s phones are 6,1

I found out by plugging into iTunes and letting it start the download, to see which version it wanted. I have a VZ phone, but it uses the 6,1 "GSM" IPSW firmware.

The only phones using 6,2 are A1457, A1528, & A1530.

5. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

seems kinda confusing yea. oh well, i just plugged into itunes and let it restore normally.