Iphone 5s is low on disk space; need help to increase disk space

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by theslaz, Oct 8, 2016.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

I have a Iphone 5s with the latest software update. Made a video and was promptly informed that I was low on disk space. Have been trying to delete photos and videos with negative results. I did have Icloud turned of. Turned it on and turned on the Icloud Photo Library. I also turned on the Optimize Iphone storage option. Nothing is happening. There has been a message under Icloud Photo Library telling me that I'm low on disk space and the phone is uploading 214 items. This message has been there for two days now. I do have 4.99 GB of storage available in Icloud. My photos and videos are taking up 2.2 GB of disk space on my phone.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you checked what else is taking up that much space on your device?

3. Radon87000 macrumors 603

Download the Memory & Disk Scanner Pro app on the App Store.Then tap "One click" button.It will clean out the junk files in your device.Repeat the process a couple of times

4. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes. I have the Roadmate app that takes up over 2 GB. Trying to refrain from deleting that as I use it as my GPS.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 8, 2016 ---
    I downloaded the app and was successful in freeing up 1 GB. However; I still have that message that the phone is uploading 214 items. Whats with that?

5. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a Roadmate app that takes up 2 gig of space. I use that for my Gps; therefore i'm a little leary of deleting it!