iPhone 5S issue/replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by boombox15, Mar 15, 2014.

1. boombox15 macrumors regular

I've had my sliver iPhone 5S for 6 months and I keep having a issue where I get a blur when opening up apps. Depending on my wallpaper, it is black or white. I am taking it to apple, and I want them to replace it, but I also now hate the sliver color, and really want space gray. I have no upgrades right now. Can I request them to exchange my sliver phone for a gray one? I would be willing to pay and I also buy my phone unlocked at full price.

2. boombox15 thread starter macrumors regular

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

You can request to switch colors, but it's highly unlikely they'll do that. The few times I've heard of them doing that were only because they were out of stock of a certain color/size, which is pretty rare. And in your case, since your phone isn't broken broken, they'd prob yell you that they'd call you when more replacements came in.

4. boombox15 thread starter macrumors regular

They have the Eco ATMs here in Chicago area malls. Could I get cash from there for the sliver phone then go to the apple store to buy myself a space gray phone off contract?

5. boombox15 thread starter macrumors regular

I really don't want to spend any money, but I guess I may have to. Has anyone had a defective device exchanged for a different color? I know I'm never buying another white device ever again. Space gray is my favorite and I hope they can exchange my defective sliver phone for a new space gray phone with 64GB.

6. boombox15 thread starter macrumors regular

7. aristobrat macrumors G4