Iphone 5S June 29 special event claim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Samtb, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Samtb, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013

Samtb macrumors 65816

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

3. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

5. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

When is there normally word of the new ios?

6. madsci954 macrumors 68030

When the iPhone launch was in June, iOS betas were released to devs around April, then it would launch around WWDC with the newest iPhone. But after it was moved to the fall launch, the iOS beta was shown off at WWDC and released to devs.

7. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

I would say IF this date was true, they would likely change it now that its leaked out, you know how apple is about these things.

8. irDigital0l Guest

Average days from preview to release for all major iOS updates is 115 days. iPhone OS 1 being the longest and iOS 4 being the shortest from preview to release.

Also WWDC since 2007 has always been on the 2nd Monday of June which if Apple were to follow the same pattern, would be on June 10th.

June 29th is a Saturday...which Apple yet along other companies wouldn't hold an event. Mostly its on Mondays or Weds.

Looking at Moscone Center events, June 10th definitely looks like its possible.

http://www.moscone.com/site/do/event/list?nav.type=0&nav.base=1303&nav.filter=1305

So June 10th looks more plausible.

9. buysp macrumors 6502

10. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh ye, good point. June 29 is a Saturday.

11. irDigital0l Guest

June 10th seems more like it then.

Although the the Jun 29 event sounded pretty cool.

12. lke macrumors 6502a

waiting for buying the new iphone 5S.

I have buy all iphone versions and every time Apple release a new version I keep thinking how good the phones are.

At first I think that the iphone 5 was very similar to the iphone 4, but after using it for some months and after using for only seconds the iphone 4 of friends I understand and I see what amazing phone is the iphone 5.

13. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

Does this mean it could be a June reveal with a September release? What are the chances of it being available from reveal day?

14. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Why not just make it part of WWDC 2013? It's not like you will have that much to say for a refreshed iphone5 anyways, and the iOS keynote will cover the software part nicely.

Only clash is if they plan to refresh their MacBook lines as well, which might make for a rather cramped event.

15. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Apple wouldn't hold it on a Saturday. Looking at the Moscone West event schedule for June the 10th-14th are wide open, so it seems more plausible that they would announce something at that time rather than have WWDC then another event 2 weeks later. I do believe if we don't see anything at WWDC, we won't see any new iPhone until August or September.

16. alexander25 macrumors regular

not gonna happen. that would compromise the sales of the current model.

17. bozzykid macrumors 68020

More likely the iOS 7 announcement will come first and the 5S announcement closer to release. So June could see the iOS 7 announced w/ beta testing soon after.

18. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

I do not see ios 7 being ready in time by June 26. There is no chance that the iPhone 5s releases with ios 6. No chance.
    I fully expect ios7 to be late, given all of the major reworking that needs to be done.
    let's just say that interapp communication was the right horse to bet on, and you're already seeing the limits of Apple's design decision to sandbox every app from each other. It does limit creativity.
    Oh, devs are still plenty creative given the constraints, but they could be even more creative.
    The Android system was written from the ground up to have more potential, and up until now, it hasn't been realized, but it's starting to be.
    But before you say that Android is king, history says that no one, no matter how powerful, is ever on top forever. Someone will come and knock them off.

I fully expect the iphone 5s to be basically the same thing as the iPhone 5, with an upgraded processor and an upgraded camera, and that is it. Maybe they made a change to use higher quality aluminum, etc . But no major changes will be put forth. Apple needs to add new sensors to do anything truly game changing, otherwise these smartphone are all being manufactured to nearly the same spec. People are competing around the edges now, everyone has figured out how to make a competent smartphone now.

The next interesting thing for Apple watchers will be the iWatch. Even Apple can't defeat the TV execs, and mark my words the TV execs will be left behind. Google, again, has the right idea. They've been investing in internet video forever and laying the foundation. Netflix has proven to be a clever company as well, since they are making their own content. Apple's tactic usually lies in saying we're Apple, give us a great deal. But honestly there is not as much substance there. Whereas if you're creating content, building your own pipes, etc that's actual substance with which to negotiate or bypass the traditional channels altogether. If the TV execs don't change their ways, and they won't, they'll get left behind. But Google has a lead in the race for the living room with Google TV and Google fiber, etc. Their gen 1 and probably up to gen 5 will kind of suck, but they are not afraid of failing. And the stock market does not really punish them for failures, b/c they have the benefit of the doubt from the public that they really do game-changing stuff. Apple has more of a polished and proper image, and if they stumble even a little, people are really sensitive to that, b/c they release so few products and take so long to refine products, that if these products aren't smoothly launched and near flawless, you're going to see them punished. It's part of the game that they've willingly engaged in. When you deliver, it's a feast. But if you hit a lull, boy will you pay for it. Apple is at $452 and google is at $814 today. You see Apple focus and focus and only put out a few products, b/c that is what it takes to be great, and that's the kind of attention the iphone 5s will demand (that'll be the party line). The problem is, the gap between their products and competitor's products is very, very small and you have to be wondering, what are they doing with all their time? Their competitors are able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, with smaller budgets and smaller number of employees. I think that you're seeing people wondering, is their latest product really that much better to warrant the hype?
    To Apple's credit, going after the Chinese and India markets, if successful, could easily be the strategy for the next 10 years. If I want to keep the investors happy and keep showing nice financials and balance sheets, this is the only viable solution unless they invent a time machine. I for one do not believe that they have anything miraculous up their sleeve in development...at all. If I'm betting on a company, it's Google #1 and then Microsoft #2. I see Apple as a tweaker at this point rather than a trailblazer. The pebble smartwatch shows a pretty nice demand, the sensor based fitness bands start taking off, and then Apple says, we can do that...we'll produce a super polished product and we'll tie it in tightly with itunes. We'll start a personal health app store or whatever. And they'll sell alot of stuff. But, point be known that they followed rather than led. They tweaked rather than tried something full of risk. Then again, that's how large companies operate--don't deviate from the tried and true formula, which is why the iPhone 5s is going to be an even more minor upgrade than the SIII was to the SIV.

19. Willsonchen macrumors member

well, just curious about their new ideas, what is the new improvement will the iPhone 5S and iPad 5 have?:rolleyes:

20. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Aside from rumors no one really knows right now.