iPhone 5S keeps showing blue screen when updating via iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TEHi, Aug 12, 2014.

1. TEHi, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014

TEHi macrumors regular

I tried to restore via iTunes my 16GB 5S and when it loads halfway, the screen flashes blue for a second and then restarts and shows the connect to itunes screen.

I have tried the following:
    1. deleting and downloading again the ipsw file.
    2. tried in another computer and several other cables
    3. tried updating in DFU mode

Loads halfway, the screen flashes blue and then restarts. and itunes shows error 14.
    [​IMG]

2. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

Get it replaced at the Apple store, because it must be a hardware issue with the phone.

3. TEHi thread starter macrumors regular

Will do, I got the phone in eBay just 2 weeks ago. The problem is I don't live in the US currently, I guess I gotta find the way how...

Is there something else I can try myself?

4. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

The issue would have to be in the phone, and there's no real way to force it to restore when it fails. You've tried everything I would have, with different computers and cables, IPSW redownloading, all that.

It won't matter if you bought it on eBay, since it's a 5s it is still under the 1 year warranty. It would be best to get it replaced in-store because that has no shipping charge or service charge like the mail-in service. If there's no Apple stores near you, you will have to choose whether to get to a store before the warranty expires or send it in for a replacement.

The mail-in service requires that you have a credit card that can pay for an out of warranty replacement, and it will put an authorization on your card. It will be removed if the phone you send in to them is in warranty, and sent on time. You will have to pay for shipping no matter what.

Here are the terms in the US. You can check if it is different in the country you're in.
    http://images.apple.com/legal/sales-support/terms/docs/iphone_ars_na_en.pdf

In-store replacements don't require any payment info. You just the serial number, and it must be active on a cellular network. They may want to see that it has a SIM card since it's not working.