iPhone 5s Leather Cases. My experience.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -BigMac-, Nov 10, 2013.

1. -BigMac- macrumors 65816

-BigMac-

Hey guys.

Got my 64gb 5s on release day, its beautiful. For the first time since my first iPhone (3G), i have been blown away with the beauty of the cases which Apple has realised along with the newest model in the iPhone range.

The Apple 5s leather cases are gorgeous, feel amazing and as my experience now shows, does an incredibly capable job of protecting the iPhone.

Last night i went for a late night walk (in hope of catching a glimpse of Comet Ison), and my phone fell out of my hand (very rarely ever happens). It fell onto concrete from about 1.5m. Landed and flipped and slid along the surface.

If i didnt have a case, it would've been absolutely destroyed. It was concrete with fairly large stones spread all over the surface.

The phone landed on all 4 of its edges and on its front. The case took all of the fall, damaging the leather case, but fulfilling its sole purpose, protecting the 5s. The case now has slight scratches on it, adding wear to the leather, but also adding a bit of personality and a story to it. I like it.

Unlike previous generation Apple and third party cases, i feel like the aesthetic appeal and protective qualities of the 5s leather cases, are worth the money. And i highly recommend these cases to anyone who is purchasing a new 5s or questioning the quality of this product.

You wont be disappointed. Thanks! :)

2. viperGTS macrumors 68000

I may be receiving this case soon, glad to hear that your experiences with it are positive. :)

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I really like the case but went back to the spigen thin case.

4. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

Apple did a good job with the leather case, if only to give the iPhone a different feel. They chose a leather case for a good reason, it gives the phone a softer, more comfortable feel in the hand than aluminum. The drop and scratch protection is a bonus.

5. JGWolven macrumors regular

Dropped my phone in the parking lot with that case on. Case was messed up but not a scratch on the phone itself.

6. Jacob SMITH, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013

Jacob SMITH macrumors member

Though I like use my iPhone without any case.But for protection I think I'll buy it.thanks....

7. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Another happy customer w the apple case. Absolutely love mine.

8. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Do you have a pic of it? I never put a case on mine because I keep my phone in my pocket and it's too bulky feeling with cases. I have dropped my phone numerous times and I have a huge dent on the corner of it but have not broken the screen yet thankfully. I hope I didn't just jinx myself...lol

9. Sean006 macrumors 6502

I'm not a case person at all. All my iPhones have never been in a case other than a mophie when I'm out on the Harley.

But this case has won me over.love this case still keeps the phone thin. Min bulk. Feels good in the hand.

Only down fall is not being able to charge with the 30pjn adapter. Other than the it's an awesome case. Def worth it.

10. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

I agree,

I got my black leather Apple case for free after I bought my Space Grey 5s (the case was sent free of charge by Apple customer service due to the lengthy delays from me ordering until receiving the phone).

I love the look and feel of the case. Yesterday I actually popped the iPhone out of the case for the first time since getting it through nothing more than boredom - just to remind myself of how stunning the phone looked in person - and, as you'd expect, it looks pristine. No marks, no scuffs, no scratches. With this case, if I decide on upgrading to the iPhone 6 in a year's time, I know I'll be selling this 5s in tip-top condition.

I have to say that after using it these past few weeks in the somewhat 'grippy-feeling' leather case, there's no way I could use the phone without this case now. Or something similar. It feels so slippy without the case on I just know I'd drop it sooner or later.

Happy I have my leather case. Happier I didn't pay for it, but I would have bought one anyway I guess :)

RTP.

11. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

The Apple leather cases are great. They do wear, but no worse than any other leather product. They fit perfectly and feel great.

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Good case, but tight around the headphone jack not leaving many options for an aux cable.

13. MacintoshDan macrumors 6502

The (Red) 5s case is the only one I ever considered putting on my 5s, and I basically did it because I liked the look it added to the Space Gray phone. I usually do not use a case, but I'm happy with this one. I've had it for a couple of weeks and am not experiencing the discoloration that everyone is, so I'm happy with it.

14. jamesgf macrumors member

I picked up the brown case when I bought my silver 5s, love the case. Feels great in hand, and is holding up well. I actually like the way it looks when it breaks in and begins to wear.