iPhone 5S louder than 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbSoluTc, Oct 14, 2017.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Noticed a weird issue recently, although I think it's been going on for a while now. At work, a co-worker of mine has a 7 Plus and his notifications and ring town are loud as hell. Which got me to notice my issue. My notifications and ring tone are not loud at all. Even at max volume. So I tested with a 5S I have and was surprised. The 5S is much louder than my 7 Plus.

What could be the issue? I am tempted to backup and wipe the phone and setup as new to see if it's something in my backup.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would assume the 7 Plus should be SUPER loud having 2 damn speakers. It's hard to hear sometimes and another thing I noticed with my co-worker is I can hear the person on the other end of the phone talking when it's up to his ear. Mine, has never done that.

2. Treyhunna macrumors regular

Treyhunna

3. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Lol, it’s not a new phone.

Also, I did a wipe and restored as new. Same issue. So I’m guessing a hardware problem. Visiting the Apple store tomorrow.

4. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Issue resolved. Apple replaced my phone. Noticed the speaker was also not working this morning, only the earpiece. All is well again.