iPhone 5s LTE support China

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dr.arif, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Dr.arif macrumors newbie

Hi All: I recently purchased a unlocked GSM version of the iphone 5S, model A1533 from US apple store,and intended to use it in China under China Mobile. Was hoping that 4G was usable but then quickly realized it doesn't seem to be. Didn't do my homework beforehand as I thought "unlocked" meant it should be compatible with most of the stuff and news around stating China adopting global 4G technology, etc. Can anyone confirm if there is hope is making my iphone 4G compatible in China or I should just sell the phone at a loss and buy a new iphone 5S in China?
    or at least will i be able to use 3g network on china mobile,china unicom or china telecom ? I am fine with 3G connection too..THANKS!
    I found a compatibility chart for iphone 5s from apple support hong kong...can anyone confirm that this chart is correct ?? will really appreciate any kind of help :)

Attached Files:

2. m3nphls macrumors member

Won't be compatible. You gonna have to purchase a China Mobile version of the phone because of the TD-LTE they use. Better reference here https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

3. Dr.arif thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply...won't i be able to even use 3G services?

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

One of the carriers in China uses standard WCDMA (aka 3G UMTS/HSPA) on 2100MHz and in Hong Kong 2100MHz and 850/900MHz....so you should be able to use 3G as the iPhone 5s supports pentaband UMTS with DC-HSPA+. Ideally though for long stays in China the correct model with the TD-LTE support would be preferable, I forget the 5S model number the the 5C model number is model A1529, either way they share the same radio. The China model supports all the LTE bands needed for the best support in all of asia, australia and great LTE coverage in Europe but no real LTE support in the US. However in the US you could still utilize the pentaband HSPA.

EDIT: China iPhone 5S model is A1530, at least thats the model that supports their bands of TD-LTE. I'd see if you can trade it in with Apple and explain the situation to them! Good luck!

5. Dr.arif thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man...i know A1530 model is supported by china mobile TD-LTE...But i am fine using china unicom's 3G...maybe when the iphone 6 comes out i will purchase that one in china ...as i am going to be in china for a long time ..
    Thanks and god bless :)