Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zedzded

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
Perth, Australia
My new 5s is having some problems, I can hear people on the phone, but they can't hear me very well. The problem is intermittent. I took it into an Apple approved repair centre yesterday and they wanted me to replicate the problem and of course it worked fine for them when they called my phone from 20m away :rolleyes: - so they wouldn't exchange it. I guess I have to go through Apple instead, their nearest shop is 100kms away and I don't have a spare phone so can't send mine away, which I'm guessing is what Apple is going to suggest... has anyone else experienced this issue? I did notice that turning bluetooth off improved the sound dramatically, so this is probably the culprit, but obviously it's not practical to be turning off bluetooth every time you want to make a call.

Last edited:

NocturnalJazz

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
I was talking to my brother the other weekend. He was on a 5s and sounded almost like he was covering the mic. He wasn't though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.