iPhone 5S noise inside

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by viorelgn, Nov 21, 2013.

1. viorelgn macrumors 6502

viorelgn

I got an iphone 5s gray space and hear a rattling from sleep button looked like a screw inside. There are lenses? it is a good or a bad thing ?

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

The camera's lens do move (auto focus) if you hold the switches and buttons and still hear something, that's what it is.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i just got home with my new 5S and it rattles too. its the lock button. if you look at the actual part on a parts website, you will see how basic the button actually is and its tolerances aren't exactly precise. however, on my iPhone 5, it doesn't rattle. for what its worth, my wife's iPhone 5S that i bought her on release also rattles.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

and its not the camera module. if i hold the power button and shake the phone again, theres no noise at all. once i let go, the noise comes back.

5. joeluken, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013

joeluken macrumors member

It depends if you like your premium phone to make a cheap rattle noise. It can also cause issues with audio recording under certain conditions due to the proximity of mic i.e. the click, click, click... noise is captured.

Can't believe it was a design goal to make it rattle but it appears to affect some 5s and not others. I've had a couple of 5s and both rattled even in the Apple leather case so I returned them.

My guess is it's a design or manufacturing issue.

More here -

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1670488

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5355229?start=0&tstart=0

6. Jonytheblue macrumors member

Try this

press your finger on Sleep/Awake button and shake it. If you still hear noise something like screw, please bring it to Apple Store for claim to the new one. :)