iPhone 5s not fully charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmarziano, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Jmarziano macrumors member

I just purchased a new 5s on Saturday and the past couple times that I've tried to let it charge to 100% fully it never says done charging. It will get to 100 but still have the lighting bolt not the completed symbol. I'm not sure if this is normal of what but all of my other iPhones would not do this. I've left it on the charging overnight and it won't completely charge. If anyone knows anything I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Either you need to calibrate the sensor that measures battery level by fully discharging the phone, or software problem that a restore might solve.

3. Jmarziano thread starter macrumors member

The first charge that I did out of the box was let it die down to 3% then fully charge it and it never got 100% completed. I don't get it. Might have to do a restore.

4. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

That is normal behavior. No plug will appear when it's fully, FULLY, charged. Just 100%.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

This is a "feature" of iOS 7. For whatever reason, there is no more plug icon, it just always shows the charging symbol until unplugged. So, it's "normal."