iPhone 5S not syncing music properly, songs appear grey and "skip"

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Greene1123, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Greene1123 macrumors member

So here's the long annoying story

The other night I decided to add album artwork to a few albums that didn't have any and iTunes wouldn't recognize when I hit "get album artwork". So I added artwork manually to songs roughly A to C before realizing it was taking too long so I stopped. I plugged my iPhone in to sync.

That night I went to play some music but when I tried to play one of the tracks I edited it skipped over it. I tried playing all the others and they didn't work either. I plugged in my iPhone to sync again. No fix. I restarted my iPhone and computer. No fix. I ran disc utility (just cuz it fixes the issue sometimes) but no fix.

So I did a test (horrible decision) and decided to try syncing only "selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" and de-selected all of the artists A - C. I synced it. And now allllll of the tracks with artists names A to C won't play on my iPhone. I've tried resetting everything multiple times with no success.

Songs that wont play appear grey on my iPhone with a red square next to them. Help?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

are any of these songs purchased? maybe try hitting transfer purchases and see if that helps.

3. capandjudy macrumors member

capandjudy

4. Greene1123 thread starter macrumors member

I FIXED IT!

on the iPhone: Settings > General > Usage - manually delete all the music on the iPhone.

Then resync all the music. BOOM