iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by boombox15, Sep 13, 2013.

1. boombox15 macrumors regular

Hello everyone

Apple has 2 great new phones out, but I can't decide what phone to get. I just traded in my 64GB iPhone 5 to get the new phone. I have my pros and cons about each of them. The only thing I really like about the iPhone 5C is the color, in fact, if there were a red iPhone 5C available, I would really like it. I like a lot of things about the iPhone 5S. If I just had the iPhone 5, does it even make sense for me to consider the 5C?

I plan to order later this month.

Thank you!

2. nilzi macrumors regular

I think you should just wait for iPhone 6, as the only difference between iPhone 5C and iPhone 5 is the color and shell's material.

3. boombox15 thread starter macrumors regular

I am not waiting for the iPhone 6.I have always been getting the latest iPhone since Verizon got the iPhone so I trade the current one in right before the new one goes on sale. I am already without a phone as it is. I now know that the iPhone 5S 64GB Space Gray. I think it's the best phone for me. That along with the Red case is awesome! New camera, Fast A7 and 64-bit. Amazing in one word. I am a bit disappointed that I can't pre-order today. But it gives Apple an extra week to bulid more phones and prevent shortage somewhat.

I plan to order September 20-22

4. oaktree macrumors regular

Your needs may be different, but since the 5c is essentially the 5 in different housing, you should go for the 5s.

BUT, if your decision is based on money, you should go for the 5c.

THEN AGAIN, if you like the color options of the 5c, you should go for it.

It gets confusing.:eek:

5. Applemeister macrumors newbie

Iphone 5s

Hi,

I think you should buy the 5s, that there are bigger differences between your old Iphone 5 and the new Iphone 5s, then with 5 and 5c.

If you think about the price, there isn't a big difference between 5c and 5s, and the 5s is best.... So buy the 5s...

-:apple:

6. NickyLanzz macrumors regular

You should switch to the HTC One like I am! Just like how Microsoft lost my confidence with the xbox one, and I am now going back to PSN, same goes for apple. Lost my confidence and I am very disappointed so now its time to switch phones!

7. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

In your case I think you should get the 5S and the 5C. Takes all the guess work out. Just do it.:confused::D

8. laudern macrumors 6502a

Selling a perfectly good 5 to simply get the same phone in a different shell would make you a fist class sucker in my book. Save some face and get the 5s