iPhone 5s or Samsung

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dsteller, May 17, 2014.

1. Dsteller macrumors member

Hi Guys, my iPhone 5c's (I don't recommend it, not a very good build that will last) screen is popping off of the phone. I am able to use my brothers update for my phone, so I am wondering if I should go with the iPhone 5s or move over to samsung? Any help would be great!

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Get the phone fixed, 5c is a good phone with good build quality.

Go play with the samsung I the store, only you know if you like it

3. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

You know your 5c could just be repaired for free by apple?

4. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

If you think the 5c is poorly built don't even look at the samsung lol

5. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

I'm in the same situation.

I need a new phone (4s battery is shot) and I don't want to be stuck for 20 months with the iPhone's 4" screen.. so I'm looking at..

Galaxy S5
    HTC One (M8)
    Nokia Lumia 1520

or just go 5s..

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

7. hellala macrumors newbie

Whenver you owned an iphone and you will be disappointed if you switched to a Samsung phone

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

My partner was in the same boat last month, and I advised her to get the iPhone 5S or the HTC One M8. She got the M8, and it's a fantastic phone.

9. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Given the choice i would probably go for the M8

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've heard a few complaints about the 5c, but most comments have been positive. I'm guessing you have a defective unit and Apple will fix it under warranty.

Anyway, if you want to move away from Apple, there are a few good choices but I certainly don't think Samsung makes one of them. The HTC One, Nexus 5 and Moto X are all great phones.

11. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Indeed. If you don't mind the poor (by today's standards) camera, then the M8 is an excellent phone. The camera is better than the 5S at macro, and of course 'selfies', but detail is lacking in normal photos.

----------

Until/unless Samsung start manufacturing phones with premium casing, they would never even make my consideration list. Plastic high-end smartphones don't figure in my thoughts.

12. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Currently in certification. The Galaxy S5 prime. Metal housing.

To the OP: Try out the Samsung! You have 14 days and you can at least say you've tried it!

13. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

If you're heavily invested in the iOS ecosystem and don't want to bother with transferring your data (contacts, calendars, etc.) over to Android/Windows, then get an iPhone 5s.

If you absolutely want a larger phone, then go with the HTC One. I had the previous HTC One (M7) and absolutely loved the build quality. Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed that all Samsung phones have a slight green tint that gives me a headache whenever I look at it. Maybe it's the OLED or maybe something to do with the screen calibration, but I would stay away from Samsung phones.

Also, one major difference between iOS and Android is that if an app crashes on iOS, it doesn't crash the entire phone. I had an app that crashed on my HTC One, and the whole phone crashed.

I haven't had much experience with Windows phones, so maybe someone else can chime in on this.

14. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

15. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I must admit that I love iOS when it's working well, and the prospect of 'starting again' on another platform isn't an attractive one. Let's just hope that the iPhone 6 and iOS8 are a cracking package.

16. pragmatous macrumors 65816

I liked the Samsung Galaxy note 3 while I had it but I still don't like android. It did reaffirm that I would want a large screen iphone though.

edit: I had the note 3 for 3 days and took it back. Went back to my iphone 5.

17. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

What consensus do you think you're going to get on an Apple forum?

18. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Get the 5c repaired under warranty and wait for the 6 if you don't mind the rumored larger screen.

19. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

20. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

5C? Should be covered under warranty. Get it swapped out apr fixed at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Center (locate.apple.com). Make an appointment and show up early! You'll be in and out and done. Then wait for the iPhone 6.