Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Munch718

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
I currently have the note 3 which I love, but recently relocated and I must kiss Tmobile goodbye as there service is crappie in my new area. Looks like Verizon it will be. So I am trying to decide do I get the 5s now for 100 bucks or wait for the 6 to come out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please tell me how you like your 5S. I did have the 4S way back then but got rid of it.

Last edited:

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
5S is great but wait until after the 6 announcement to decide. The 5S will drop in price OR you can get the 6. Win/win.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
I currently have the note 3 which I love, but recently relocated and I must kiss Tmobile goodbye as there service is crappie in my new area. Looks like Verizon it will be. So I am trying to decide do I get the 5s now for 100 bucks or wait for the 6 to come out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please tell me how you like your 5S. I did have the 4S way back then but got rid of it.

walmart has the 16GB on sale for $79, or the 5c for almost free ($0.97)

http://9to5toys.com/2014/08/21/walm...16-gb-iphone-5c-price-to-97-iphone-5s-now-79/

if it were me i would wait for the iPhone 6, going from the note 3's screen size to a 4" iPhone screen may bother you, rumor is that the iPhone 6 may be a 4.7" and a 5.5" screen.

Munch718

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks guys. I am going to try to hold off as long as I can. It's socks because where I work I will be on 2 coverage. While traveling to work I will not be able to use the maps program because of lack of signal. I will try my darnest to at least wait for the announcement of the 6, unless they hit me with a pretty darn deal or I just decide I can't take it anymore. So for week one I will take it back old school and print the directions...lol.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010

I love my 5S. Love it.

That said, I would definitely wait until September 9th when Apple announces the 6 (which should be available to purchase a week/week-and-a-half after the 9th).

ttbhg

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2014

I'm facing the same dilemma. I am switching to Verizon service, too, and have gone back and forth about waiting for the 6 to come out or just do it now and grab the 5s for $99 through Verizon.

I'm going from the iPhone 4 so either phone is going to be a massive upgrade

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
At this point you might as well wait. Even if you decide not to go for the 6, the 5s will definitely be cheaper when it launches.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
5S is great but wait until after the 6 announcement to decide. The 5S will drop in price OR you can get the 6. Win/win.

This. The announcement is the 9th, so not long to wait. If you don't like the design of the 6 you should be able to pick up a 5s in the colour and capacity of your choice before they're cut back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.