iphone 5S or should I wait for the 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Munch718, Aug 21, 2014.

  1. Munch718, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014

    Munch718 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2011
    #1
    I currently have the note 3 which I love, but recently relocated and I must kiss Tmobile goodbye as there service is crappie in my new area. Looks like Verizon it will be. So I am trying to decide do I get the 5s now for 100 bucks or wait for the 6 to come out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please tell me how you like your 5S. I did have the 4S way back then but got rid of it.
     
  2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

    jlake02

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2008
    Location:
    L.A.
    #2
    5S is great but wait until after the 6 announcement to decide. The 5S will drop in price OR you can get the 6. Win/win.
     
  3. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

    luckydcxx

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2013
    #3
    walmart has the 16GB on sale for $79, or the 5c for almost free ($0.97)

    http://9to5toys.com/2014/08/21/walm...16-gb-iphone-5c-price-to-97-iphone-5s-now-79/

    if it were me i would wait for the iPhone 6, going from the note 3's screen size to a 4" iPhone screen may bother you, rumor is that the iPhone 6 may be a 4.7" and a 5.5" screen.
     
  4. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

    Bako-MacAddict

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2012
    Location:
    California
    #4
    I would wait for the iphone 6 announcement , then make a decision ! I personay love my iPhone 5s . But like I said , I would wait .
     
  5. Munch718 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2011
    #5
    Thanks guys. I am going to try to hold off as long as I can. It's socks because where I work I will be on 2 coverage. While traveling to work I will not be able to use the maps program because of lack of signal. I will try my darnest to at least wait for the announcement of the 6, unless they hit me with a pretty darn deal or I just decide I can't take it anymore. So for week one I will take it back old school and print the directions...lol.
     
  6. eoblaed macrumors 68000

    eoblaed

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2010
    #6
    I love my 5S. Love it.

    That said, I would definitely wait until September 9th when Apple announces the 6 (which should be available to purchase a week/week-and-a-half after the 9th).
     
  7. ttbhg macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2014
    #7
    I'm facing the same dilemma. I am switching to Verizon service, too, and have gone back and forth about waiting for the 6 to come out or just do it now and grab the 5s for $99 through Verizon.

    I'm going from the iPhone 4 so either phone is going to be a massive upgrade
     
  8. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2010
    #8
    At this point you might as well wait. Even if you decide not to go for the 6, the 5s will definitely be cheaper when it launches.
     
  9. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 6, 2013
    Location:
    UK
    #9
    This. The announcement is the 9th, so not long to wait. If you don't like the design of the 6 you should be able to pick up a 5s in the colour and capacity of your choice before they're cut back.
     

Share This Page