iPhone 5s or wait for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by luke71933, Jul 10, 2014.

  1. luke71933 macrumors member

    Aug 17, 2012
    I am about to upgrade from my android device to an iPhone. The iPhone 5s costs 560euro brand new from shop, and the iPhone 6 will probably cost 750euro when it is released or even more due to bigger screen size. We are talking on sim free phones because there are no contract phones here in Malta. I can buy an iPhone 5s 16gb but it has an opened box but still brand new, for 450Eur. Or I can buy an iPhone 5s stuck on connect to iTunes for 330Eur, this phone has only been used for a month so it is in great condition. Which phone should I go for, or should I buy the iPhone 6 when it comes out for 750EUR which is too much for a phone. :/

  2. maflynn Moderator


    Staff Member

    May 3, 2009
    Its really your decision, by a year old phone (technology wise) for less or a brand new one for more.

    Based on the rumors is there any features that the 6 has, which you want/need?

    If not go for the 5s
  3. ionjohn macrumors 65816


    Jun 5, 2013
    We don't know the prices yet, anyway, it's only 2 months away now, it's worth waiting.
  4. Jaguarr40, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014

    Jaguarr40 macrumors regular


    Jul 10, 2014
    Sarasota, Florida
    If according to everyone in the business IOS 8 will not be out until the fall meaning neither will iPhone 6 so it might benefit you to wait although I have a 5S and have no interest in anything else since my phone is flawless.:)
  5. manueld macrumors 6502

    Jun 8, 2009
    Just wait the 2 months -- regardless if you get the 6 or 5S the price of the 5S will be much lower when the 6 arrives.
  6. luke71933 thread starter macrumors member

    Aug 17, 2012
    I love the 6 , but Even when the 6 comes out the price drop on the 5s will be that of 100EUR or even less , so If I get the one stuck on iTunes for 330EUR it will be worth it. I am not willing to spend 750EUR when the 6 comes out , because I have dropped my android phone lil 15 times in 8 months(still working perfectly no damage at all). Here in Malta every iPhone in september costed 750-800EUR and in december 700-750Eur then in around april it comes to 600EUR. The maximum amount ill spend on a phone is 500EUR not more, a phone can never replace a laptop, with 700EUR you can buy a very fast laptop although it would have the ****** windows(I own a macbook and will never go back to windows).I will be using the iPhone mostly to test the apps I should soon be developing using the swift language which is awesome and not as difficult as objective-c. I love apples all devices/creations thats why I would like an iPhone not android and iPhones don't get slow as fast as androids does, A samsung galaxy s4 got slow and stuck in around 3 months, iPhone 5s keeps going strong till 8 months or more. The touch response on the apple devices can never be beaten too.
  7. Tokenfreak macrumors 6502


    Oct 31, 2011
  8. luke71933 thread starter macrumors member

    Aug 17, 2012
    Although the 6 will be out soon, If I am going to buy the 6 I will need to let the price of it to drop by around 150-200EUR I am not willing to spend a lot on a phone. I would buy the 6 used for a few time not even new because I can't afford that. Basically if i am going to go for the 6 I will have to wait around 9 months so the price drops, which means 9 months with this bad android device.
  9. Black Magic macrumors 68020

    Black Magic

    Sep 30, 2012
    I'd say 6. We all waiting. You know if you mess around and buy a 5s now, 2 months from now you gonna be killing yourself as all of us are on here drooling over our new 6s. Plus, you know there will be a feature or 3 that is exclusive to the hardware in the 6. I'd wait man :)
  10. stuffradio macrumors 65816

    Mar 17, 2009
    Wait the two months, you would probably have buyers remorse for getting a current phone when the next phone is coming out very soon.
  11. Crichton333 macrumors 6502


    May 4, 2014
    Wait for the 6, go on summer vacation and the wait will fly by :)
  12. kaylerrific macrumors regular

    Dec 26, 2012
    Totally wait!! The new one is just three months away if all of these rumors are to be believed!
  13. wouwout macrumors member

    Nov 2, 2007
    Wait. Not only because you'll have new technology with the 6, but the 5S price will drop soon after the 6 will become available.
  14. marvz macrumors 6502a


    Aug 27, 2012
    Actually it's only two months away. ;)
  15. rockitdog macrumors 68020

    Mar 25, 2013
    If you like the current device than buy it. In all honestly I like the look of the 5s better than the leaks I'm seeing on the iPhone 6. I'm not a fan of the rounded edges I'm seeing.
  16. luke71933 thread starter macrumors member

    Aug 17, 2012
    I am going to wait for the iPhone 6 to come out because I would like to see it and know if it would be worth all the money, but probably I will still go for the 5s due to the low price.
  17. Angelbwaybee macrumors newbie

    Jul 11, 2014
    If you like the current device than buy it. In all honestly I like the look of the 5s better than the leaks I'm seeing on the iPhone 6. I'm not a fan of the rounded edges I'm seeing.

    I am not too keen on the rounded edges either.
  18. mtneer macrumors 68030


    Sep 15, 2012
    Even if you don't need the iPhone 6; just waiting 2 months could save you couple of hundred with the price drops that will follow.
  19. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

    Jun 12, 2013
    I would wait.

    In 2 months, the 6 will be released. If the 6 has better features it might be worth buying. If not, then you can probably obtain a 5S at reduced cost.
  20. ourmountain macrumors regular

    Jun 26, 2012
    If the 5S costs 560E today from the shop, in two months the 6 will cost the same. Apple isn't going to spike the price.

    That 330E iPhone is one you should most definitely skip. Same for the opened box one.

    Wait the two months, compare the phones, and see which one suits your needs better.
  21. luke71933 thread starter macrumors member

    Aug 17, 2012
  22. pragmatous macrumors 65816

    May 23, 2012
    iphone 6 is 2 months away

  23. ourmountain macrumors regular

    Jun 26, 2012
    Because it's stuck on booting, and is likely activation locked through iCloud. I'd bet the same 330E that it's stolen.

    The open box one is also iffy, as you really don't know the background.

    The ONLY way I'd buy a used iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch is if I'm able to have it in my hand and see that it's not iCloud locked. If it's stuck at "connect to iTunes" or any other similar thing, it's an instant deal breaker. When that's the case, you have no idea what could be wrong until you get it home and attempt to restore it.
  24. Serban Suspended

    Jan 8, 2013
    I think iphone 6 will be having the same bezels like iPhone 5s, so will be kind of huge. iphone 5s looks nice

Share This Page