iPhone 5S photos + PPC Mac??

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by davidg4781, Oct 11, 2013.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

I've been toying with the idea of buying a PPC Mac and just thought of selling my MBP and staying with just PPC. Don't ask why, I've been on a selling spree and not sure if I'd go through with it, but....

Let's say I do do this. How would I go about getting my photos from my 5S to the Mac? I know I can email, but that's a hassle.

2. wobegong Guest

I have an iPhone 5 (guessing the 5S will be the same) and when I plug it into my PM photo's get imported into iPhoto/Aperture just fine, I think it's just iTunes that has the problem (no sync etc. with a iPhone 5/PPC)

3. RedCroissant Suspended

Others on here have also said as much that the 5 imports photos just fine to iPhoto, so I wouldn't foresee a problem with that aspect. You could always take your machine into an Apple store and try it out as well and I doubt that they would have a problem with that.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, camera import and importing via iPhoto will work.

You can also use Dropbox as well. If you have Dropbbox on your iPhone it can be set to auto import to a "Camera Uploads" folder in your Dropbox. If you sync with your Mac (note that the latest version (and the betas) are STILL PowerPC compatible) then you'll find every pic you take automatically appearing on your Mac in your Dropbox folder.

Plug in your iPhone to your Mac and Dropbox will also ask you if you want to import it's photos.