Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2011
I have a few subscriptions in Podcast and would like to get push notification when new episodes are available. But I cannot find a way to set the notification for Podcast. See attached. It does not let me select the style of alert in the lock screen as in other apps. Is it designed to be this way or is it a bug? Also, when new episodes are available, it does not get any notification in the notification center although I have set it to do so.

iPhone 5s with iOS 8.1.2.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.PNG
    IMG_0057.PNG
    73.3 KB · Views: 148

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2011
I have a few subscriptions in Podcast and would like to get push notification when new episodes are available. But I cannot find a way to set the notification for Podcast. See attached. It does not let me select the style of alert in the lock screen as in other apps. Is it designed to be this way or is it a bug? Also, when new episodes are available, it does not get any notification in the notification center although I have set it to do so.

I found this from Apple website. It mentioned the badge icon to notify users new episodes but did not mention any push notification setting. Maybe Podcast does not support push notification and maybe that's why the "alert style" (i.e. choosing banner or alert or none) thing is not there in the notification center settings.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202949

Also see this from the Apple discussion. It seems in iOS 7, the "alert style" option is there but not really working. Maybe they eliminate this option in iOS 8 to avoid confusion.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6243009

Anyone has idea whether this is true?

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014

I have a iPhone 6 and loads of my notifications don't work at all like Twitter or What's App. I also have the problem you have where some options in notifcations settings just don't show up. With Twitter for example I cannot select whether to use badge icons or not.
Must be ios 8 I guess but it's werid since loads of my old apps still work fine in regards to notifications.
It's annoying :mad:

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2011
I have a iPhone 6 and loads of my notifications don't work at all like Twitter or What's App. I also have the problem you have where some options in notifcations settings just don't show up. With Twitter for example I cannot select whether to use badge icons or not.
Must be ios 8 I guess but it's werid since loads of my old apps still work fine in regards to notifications.
It's annoying :mad:

Maybe some apps are designed that way. My guess is that the notification setting interface is not very flexible so Apple does not tweak it specifically for each app even if the app does not support push notification or badge icon. It has the same setting option of all apps although some app don't have that functionality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.