iPhone 5s problems...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adamj575, Jul 1, 2014.

1. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

So I sent my iPhone 5s in for repair or replacement...my issue was the blue screen and reboot loop issue...I originally thought it was software related but I restored through iTunes and set up as new...Also the battery would not acknowledge a change in its charge...it would always say 100% or whatever the charge was on the last reboot...I set it up as new 4 times and the problem persisted...I sent it in to apple and I just got an email saying they couldn't replicate the issue, they asked for more detail so I explained the whole scenario in a lengthy response...I'm now getting worried that they're just gonna send me the dud back and not do anything for me...I hope i'm getting all worked up over nothing but I was just hoping for a straight up replacement sent to me, easy and simple...its always been easy in the past...

anybody else have similar experiences?

2. deuxcirq macrumors newbie

I just had the charging issue happen on my 5S, the percentage of charge would not change when plugged in. I took it into the Apple store, where they cleaned some lint out of the connector. I took it home and it still had the problem, a couple of more trips to the apple store and i had to get a refurbished one, when even a software restore without restoring from a backup didn't work. Never got the blue screen though.

3. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

I'd gladly take a refurb...the one I had just ain't gonna cut it...I finally got a response assuring me I would get a phone in working order...my guess is the refurb route...

4. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

It really sucks when they tell you they can not replicate the issue. I make it a habit now to take pictures and videos of the issue before going into a apple store.

Goodluck!