iPhone 5S purchase off of Craigslist?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by perfectacara, Feb 19, 2014.

1. perfectacara, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014

perfectacara macrumors newbie

Hello.
    I wasn't searching for an iPhone 5S, I was only searching through electronics. There's a seller who is selling TWO iPhone 5S 64GB for $750 and only in CASH.
    The phones themselves are still in the original boxing and they even have the plastic wrapping around them. The are supposedly Factory Unlocked.

However, my fear is that the seller will call whoever and get the phone blacklisted. Is there anything I can do to prevent the seller from saying that the phone is stolen?

I haven't purchased it yet. I asked the seller why they were selling it and they told me that they buy and re-sell phones. He also said that he wasn't sure if they had warranty on them. He refuses to text me the IMEI numbers so I can check their status, but then again, $750 is a good deal for TWO iPhone 5S 64GB.

If I go meet up with them in person, then I CAN check the IMEI myself. They'll still be in the box. Can I call apple then and there and get the phone registered under my name? Several questions, sorry. I'm just eh about this purchase.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mob/4340944832.html

Btw, here's the link to the listing.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I wouldn't go anywhere near that deal honestly.

3. maliu macrumors 6502a

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

This deal isn't going to end good. I wouldn't meet up with him/her.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a scam or a setup for robbery.
    Also be very cautious of sealed boxes. Always open and inspect and make sure everything works and it is what its supposed to be.
    Anyone with a shrink wrap device can seal an empty box and try to sell it like that unopened.
    Until you hand them your money and get nothing but air....

6. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

He refuses to text me the IMEI numbers so I can check their status, but then again, $750 is a good deal for TWO iPhone 5S 64GB.

Atlanta, Craigslist, And that. What is that telling you. But ask him to meet you at say a AT&T store to set them up and see what he says. Sounds like one of Obama's people selling. Run.:D

7. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

a brand new 64 GB 5s unlocked is 849. Why would he sell two of them for 100 dollars less than he could sell one of them for?

8. Thekoolkid444 macrumors newbie

9. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Since the seller won't provide you with the IMEI numbers, I'd stay away from the deal.

10. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Oh heck go for it and let us what a good deal you got or what a beating you got.:D