iPhone 5S Q

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Dec 18, 2013.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

You guys are pretty knowledgeable with iPhones.

I have a new 5, black, 32GB AT&T, works with T mobile. Im trying to trade it for a 5s. plastic on front n back

This guy has an AT&T locked space grey 16GB 5S. He wants to trade but wants me to add cash.

Should I add cash? If so how much?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

How much warranty do you have left? If Apple were still selling the iPhone 5 in the same slot that the 5c is now being sold at, your 32GB 5 would cost $649 brand new. The 16GB 5s would also cost $649. It depends on how much cash you want to add.

Reduced storage capacity isn't going to be an issue for you?

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I would think the loss of 16GB of storage would even out the improvements that a 5s brings to the deal alone. I wouldn't give the guy a dime extra.

But that's just me.

4. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Im agreeing with you here. 16GB is a huge difference in iPhones in my opinion.

5. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

At retail, the difference between 16 and 32GB is, IIRC, $100.

And the difference between the 5C (which is, also IIRC, internally identical to the 5 but has a plastic vs. metal body) is (IIRC again!) $100.

Seems like an even trade, fiscally speaking. But much depends on how much you want to do the trade. Seller is betting you want it enough to toss in some cash. Countering that is the risk that the transaction will go south in some spectacular fashion.

6. AJAAY macrumors regular

That seems like an even trade. I wouldn't add anymore to it. The other guy trying to be greedy.

7. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

"This guy" referring to who, exactly? Salesperson? Or some craigslist punk artist scammer? If the last is true, check it for Apple ID lock...or you got a brick.