iPhone 5s rattle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fitgirl, Jan 24, 2014.

1. fitgirl macrumors 6502

fitgirl

This is now my second iphone 5s replacement and it still has the same issue, when I sake the phone lightly up and down I can hear it rattle, it sounds like something is loose inside, the sound is comparable to a loose screw floating inside. I know that the power botton on these phones are loose and can cause a rattle however when I hold the power botton down I can still hear the rattle, it's coming from the back near the camera and as well as the bottom of the phone where the speakers are, has anyone else had this issue? is this normal or are they all like that? I just to don't want to go back and get another replacement if it's going to have the same issue again.

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Did you do a search on iPhone rattle?

It is either the power button or the internal lens elements for the back camera.

It is OK.

3. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Camera lens or power button probably
    If not then take it back.

4. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

If it is the camera lens should you also hear the rattle at the bottom as well where the speakers are?

5. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Sometimes it is "hard" to detect exactly where the sound is coming from while shaking your phone.

If in doubt, take to the Apple store and have a Geek take a good look at it. Is everything else perfect on your phone? Might not want to give it up if it is.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

7. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Yes everything else with the phone is ok and I did read the thread on the rattling 5s and people saying that they all do it and that it's the camera lens, but I'm confused because I did call apple support and they told that nothing in the phone should rattle when you shake it the only thing that you should hear is the rattle that comes from tapping lighly on the back near the camera but when shaking it up and down you should hear nothing, it just confusing.

8. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

It's the power button. It's the design. All is fine.

9. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

So the noise that I hear coming from the bottom of the phone is the power bottom?

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If Apple says that it shouldn't rattle, but your phone does, you ought to take it in and have it looked at.

If it is the power button that is rattling, you can test this by placing your finger on the power button and shaking the phone. If the rattling goes away, then it is the power button.

11. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

It still rattles when I hold the power botton

12. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's the camera. Completely normal.

13. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

I know if it's the camera it's normal but I also hear rattle at the bottom if the phone where the speakers are and that is what is concerning me,

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

There is a thread about that ... why did you feel the need to open another one ?
    Did you think your rattle is different ?

Btw I checked about 60-70 iPhones 5S and ALL OF THEM, and I repeat ALL OF THEM have the same rattling.
    Every single one.

I think it's something behind the power button, not the power button itself (which is quite steady in my iPhone).

15. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

So take it to Apple?

16. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'm pretty sure the OP has said that repeatedly.

All of the iPhones I've tested do rattle(2 AT&T Space Gray models, an AT&T Gold model and a Verizon Space Gray model) , but as soon as I place my finger on the power button, the rattle stops.

17. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

My rattle keeps on rattling even when I place my finger on the power botton.

18. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Open camera app, let it autofocus, it will stop rattling.

Mine does it, annoying when I get an alert and it vibrates, but hey ho.

19. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

I've tried that too but it still rattles, the rattle is not when I tap it near the camera it's when I shake the phone lighly up and down and as I've said holding the power botton does not stop it.

20. Zyiros macrumors member

Zyiros

Its the camera lens. This is normal, and has been for the past three generations of iPhones.

21. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Just claws apple and they said it's not normal they said nothing should be rattling when u shake the phone, guess I'm gonna take a trip to the apple store.

22. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yeah and Apple also told me that a restore of my software could fix a loose home button.

Look, it's normal, and has been for at least the past 3 iPhone generations.

23. Nandifix macrumors 6502

24. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl