iPhone 5S Replacement Quality Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPad Retina, Apr 28, 2015.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hello everyone,

I've already received 4 replacements and two screen replacements, now this replacement power button is tipped over to one side, almost like the sleep wake problem on the iPhone 5 LOL, but now I'm having this issue on the 5S, the phone is not refurbished, it's brand new, production was 14 week (April) checked on chipmunk, has anyone else received this problem too. I'm sick of going to the Apple Store, and then coming back home to inspect it and to find a major flaw, now I don't know what to do, this phone is brand new just took off the clear plastic film on it.

Has anyone ran into this problem? Still has remaining warranty

2. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

I'll take them tomorrow

3. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

I also went through four iPhone 5S replacements due to various display issues. One of them had a power button that didn't sit straight, like you're describing. And another had a power button that seemed to be pushed in quite a bit...

If it bothers you, you should take it back. But then again, if Apple replaces your iPhone with a brand new one, you never know what kind of other issues it might come with... If other things on your phone are perfect (display, battery, etc), I suggest just keeping your current 5S... That's what I decided to do. My phone's display still has some issues, and the home button feels loose... Well, compared to the other 5S' I briefly had, this is quite good. Even if I take it back, there is no guarantee the next replacement will be perfect..

4. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Good point, but this isn't my main phone, I'm not planning on selling the phone just because it was replaced, but just as a extra phone on hand. So it's no big deal if there's something wrong with the phone, plus I need to replace my cord, might go tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing your story!

5. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Picture as requested

Attached Files:

6. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Sorry about the quality of the pictures

Attached Files:

7. nox5 macrumors 6502

8. CYKBC macrumors 6502

iPhone 5S Replacement Quality Problems

My new iPhone six plus had gray streaks on top right display. The next new one out of box had uneven volume buttons. Couple of 5s phones had clicky screens but seem to be better constructed than the 6 phones. Par for Apple course.