iPhone 5s Resprings Itself Periodically

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrjoeyw, Apr 10, 2014.

1. mrjoeyw macrumors newbie

I have a Jailbroken (Evasi0n) 5s that resprings, or restarts, itself periodically. This is annoying, especially because 80% of the time, it does this when I start my camera app to take a quick picture, or even snapchat someone. I can't get a complete pattern on it, but it's really annoying. I'm running several JB apps, and tried uninstalling them, and running for a while, to no avail, still did it. Is this something that anyone else has encountered? I'm running 7.0.6, and my JB apps list is as follows:

Activator
    Allmail
    Barrel
    Bloard
    customLS
    DockShift
    FlipControlCenter
    FlipLaunch
    HiddenSettings7
    iCaughtU Pro
    Mouse
    OpenBackup
    RecordMyScreen
    SwipeSelection
    Swipey
    Veency
    WinterBoard
    Zeppelin

2. thegreati macrumors regular

You are most likely going to have to do a process of elimination to find out which one of those is causing it. Or, pinpoint which one of those you installed around the time the device started having the problem!

Best of luck!

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I usually blame Winterboard.

This should probably be moved to the jailbreak section.

4. mrjoeyw thread starter macrumors newbie

not sure how to move it, or i would..........but I WILL remove winterboard again. Then respring and run it for a bit to see if it continues. I thought I had deleted them all one at a time already........looks like i'll have to do it again.

5. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

iOS 7.0.x is WELL KNOWN to cause resprings on the iPhone 5S.

Updating to iOS 7.1 is the best fix. I have not had a single respring on my iPhone 5S since updating. Not one!

6. mrjoeyw thread starter macrumors newbie

Is your phone jailbroken? I would absolutely DIE if I lost my jailbreak. I can't stand the interface on the stock firmware's texting app.