iPhone 5S Resprings?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kidder1994, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Kidder1994 macrumors regular

Im writing this hoping that someone get the same issue, i've got a refurbished replacement iPhone 5s from a new one that had a yellow screen, it took 1 month to get the replacement, the thing is that sometimes (not always) when i open up the settings app, going through to change the wallpaper, select it and press the button to change it, the iphone resprings (black screen with the white apple) and goes back to the lockscreen. i dont know why it happens, i restored it 3 times with no results.... it can be a hardware problem? or its a known software problem that can be fixed in future updates?

the iphone i sent for get this replacement never did that respring thing :(

its a 32GB black iPhone 5S Refurbished (N letter in model) with iOS 7.0.4 no jailbroken

Please someone enlight me, im worried and i dont want to send again a phone for warranty and get 1 month more waiting for get an exchange (here in Chile apple exchange program suckz) :C

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

3. dodge321 macrumors newbie

dodge321

It sounds like hardware to me, personally if you can I'd make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple store, take as many screen shots as possible showing the issue and they should either replace the phone or fix in store either way you should be able to walk out with a iPhone that's working to your satisfaction good luck and I hope this helps

4. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

Same issue here. Took it to Apple store and their diagnostics program showed nothing. They left a note and said it could get escalated to engineering if it happens again. I did a reset without restore last night and I'm hoping it fixes the issue. I do believe that iOS 7 is just really buggy as I've had other issues with system apps (radio, music, etc.) crashing.

5. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

i cant get an appointment to any genius bar, im in chile and doesnt exist any apple store in this country :C

i already hard reset the phone and the issue is still happening

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

My first 5s had a "loose screen" issue, but it also did these re-springs from time to time. They were pretty random, but they happened every few days if I recall correctly. It happened in stock Apple apps as well as 3rd party apps. It even happened when I was just using TouchID a couple of times.

My second 5s has done it once or twice, but unless it's happning when I'm not looking at the screen, it hasn't happened in over a month. Either way, I'm really hoping that iOS 7.1 brings stability improvements.

7. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

so, it cant be a hardware issue, right?, or it can be a hardware issue? and if its a hardware issue, what part of the phone can make such a thing ._.

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It's entirely possible that it's a hardware issue, but it seems to be pretty widespread. Check the link I posted earlier in the thread. If it IS hardware, I'd guess it would be the processor or RAM.

9. dodge321 macrumors newbie

dodge321

If you you login to Apple support go the contact us page and start a web chat they can run a diagnostics on the iPhone remotely with out you leaving the house it's also worth checking on the apple warranty page ( just google apple warranty) enter your serial number and get the status of your iPhones warranty and if there's any telephone support available, usually you get 90 days but you can ask for an exception due to it being replaced recently and then get apple to call you
    It was mentioned above about a factory reset it's worth doing but once done don't restore from a previous backup if it's a software problem you'll put the problem back on with the restore instead once you have factory reset the iPhone and you get the welcome screen then continue to set it up as a new iPhone, you'll still have any apps you've paid for they remain on your account for ever and once you sign in with your Apple ID you can get you purchases back but apart from that it might end up being sent back to them if so ask them for an express turn around as you need your iPhone for business and work hopefully this helps a bit.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

All 3 times Apple ran their diagnostics for this issue they weren't able to find any indication that the phone had any issue.

11. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't know they can run remote diagnostics, it's good to know, but i still don't get how it can be a hardware problem when the respring is so random, it doesn't happen everywhere, only on the wallpaper option in settings, and it happens so random that i can't reproduce it when i want, yesterday i set the wallpaper 5 times in the morning consecutively and happened, then in the afternoon tried to reproduce it and after like 100 tries didn't happening anymore u_u