iPhone 5s Return @ Retail Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by schmidt65, Dec 6, 2013.

1. schmidt65 macrumors 6502

Hi!

My iPhone 5S has developed an annoying intermittent fault where the home button feels loose and appears to click twice when pressing it. Frustratingly it only does this occasionally (on average around 4-5 times a day, then appears to go away) so although I have a genius appointment at the apple retail store tomorrow, I'm expecting it to not play up! Therefore on the assumption apple won't replace it, as I ordered from the Apple Online store during October and it was delivered on November 4th - it appears I can still return the iPhone (http://store.apple.com/uk/help/returns_refund). My question is does any one know if I can return the iPhone at an actual retail store, or whether it has to be sent by post? Only I'll need the money back ASAP to buy an alternative.

Thanks in advance.
    Alex

----------

Sorry - meant to add I'm in the UK!

Thanks

2. samven582 macrumors 6502a

If you purchase it online you have to return it online

3. schmidt65 thread starter macrumors 6502

Will give them a call r.e. returning it then. Thanks for your help :)

4. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I've bought plenty of things online and we're able to return in the retail store.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

IMO, it's confusing because Apple appears to have different policies for different countries.

UK:
    http://store.apple.com/uk/help/iphone

US:
    http://store.apple.com/us/help/iphone

6. samven582 macrumors 6502a

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

This is simply NOT so!

I have return Apple products at the store that were purchased via the internet. But then I am in America.

8. samven582 macrumors 6502a

If an iPhone was purchase from the Apple online store it can't be return to Apple retail store

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

This only applies to iPhone only!

9. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Maybe in your country but not in America.

I have returned/exchanged iPhones, purchased over the internet, at the store. In America they take care of you no matter where you purchased if under warranty!:mad:

10. aristobrat macrumors G4

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

It depends... I tried on one iPhone and was told to return it by mail, the same way I got it. Others have had good luck and walked into an Apple store to return it. Yes, I live in the USA.

12. samven582 macrumors 6502a

I live in New York :rolleyes:

----------

Yea Both statements contradict one other

13. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Like I said I am not sure if you are OUTSIDE of the USA!:p

----------

Sorry but it is STILL not true!

I, and many others, have returned iPhone for refund or exchange for warranty when they were purchased over the Internet!:p

I had two 5S units delivered and simply took mine to the retail store and returned it for a full refund.:rolleyes:

14. ABC5S, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013

ABC5S macrumors 68040

They really should clarify the wording on their iPhone page (like below), because it literally says that you can return it to either the Online Store or an Apple Store.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/iphone

=========================

Where did it say you can return it via apple store from that link above you posted ? I could not find this.

Note: An iPhone purchased on the Apple Online Store is ineligible for return to an Apple Retail Store.
    By reading it, it only shows this...

On your link it says this below. Nothing conflicting. On another page, it shows above.

You can purchase iPhone through the Apple Online Store, or at an Apple Retail Store. You may also be eligible for Personal Pickup with your iPhone purchase. Personal Pickup lets you purchase your iPhone online and pick it up in an Apple Retail Store..

Above only tells one about a pick up,not returns, but that to if purchased online is not eligible to be returned at the Apple store. Unless one is lucky however.

To purchase iPhone online, visit the Apple Online Store - iPhone page and choose your iPhone.

15. Brian Y macrumors 68040

So much FUD in this thread it's unreal!

If you want to return for a refund, it has to be returned via the original method. The store can take it and ship it back for you, but that kind of defeats the point (you might as well just return it online yourself - doing this won't get you your money any quicker).

If you want to return for an exchange (within 30 days remorse period), it can be returned to store or online. If you bought it in store and return it online, or if you bought it online and return it in store they will have to process a replacement, which takes 7-14 days to ship. If you return via the original purchase method, they can replace it instantly.

You can return it for an exchange at any point via the genius bar for a service part.

The bottom line is that retail can't return an iPhone via POS without a retail receipt. They *can* process a new replacement but they have to be ordered in, and it'd be quicker to just return it online.

16. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

My local Apple store must be CLUELESS as I just called and they said they would take a new phone back and arrange for a refund to your credit card.

Those stupid people, little do they know!:p

17. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Yes, they'll arrange for a refund. I.e. they take your phone, ship it back to the online store on your behalf who do the refund.

18. aristobrat macrumors G4

Do you not get this version of the page when you visit the URL?

Attached Files:

• foo.png
      foo.png
      File size:
      242.4 KB
      Views:
  19. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Nope. Did not see this but thanks for the post. It does show Apple needs to address the confusion, but won't hold my breath :D

20. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I think you'd just have to take it to the Apple store. They'll probably just replace it.