Iphone 5s screen black but i can see characters

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phugo, Feb 3, 2017.

1. phugo, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017

phugo macrumors newbie

phugo

Hi,

I changed the screen of my iphone 5s, but the screen turns black, but I can see the characters in white if I expose the screen in the light
    I tested the screen on another iphone, and it works perfectly

What could it be?
    Thanks!

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e9096377539872d6bcb4b75b9982875b&oe=58976240

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=885540ebf3c9be62c84fe444732178e7&oe=58985E67

As you can see, the screen has no brightness, but if I expose it to light, I can see the apple logo

2. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

Broken/damaged backlight? You haven't exposed your phone to water, no?

Tell me the truth, because lying isn't going to help me, or you

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

lol, that last sentence was very unneeded. No need to be snobby.

OP, looks like you missed/didnt connect some cables. Take it apart and try again.

4. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

Don't think you used that word right

Anyway, that's not being snobby, lots of people lie about what they've done to their devices, and ask why it's not working without bringing that info up when first asked

5. phugo thread starter macrumors newbie

phugo

Of course, I did not expose my iphone to water lol,sincerely.... I've plugged all the cables and it stays that way, I tested it on another phone and it works perfectly ...

6. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

Let's go over this again to clarify

iPhoneA screen doesn't work, backlight won't come on, but ScreenA works on iPhoneB

Can we try ScreenB on iPhoneA?

7. phugo thread starter macrumors newbie

phugo

Yes, i've tried, but doesn't work, same thing, no backlight, but i can see characters

8. nox5 macrumors 6502

Damaged connector on motherboard

9. Relentless Power, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Are you seriously implying the OP could be potentially lying over something your ill-assuming? Why even ask about water damage? Why even make a remark like this? Your statement could be construed as trolling, which is not in your favor.

Back on topic. My guess is something is not secured correctly, perhaps a cable of some sort. Or something inadvertently was damaged on the original iPhone, Connector damage perhaps?

10. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

You some sort of an investigator? Either that or you know the OP well enough to have a tendency of lying about water damages from that last statement. Tell me the truth!

11. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

I concluded that it wasn't water damage after the panel was moved to another phone, just don't know what to do about it, can't take it to Apple since the warranty is out, mall repair shop is probably only option

About the other thing, wasn't really an assumption on the OP, and I don't troll on here, might not have been the smartest statement, and it's not worded the best, but it's no troll, the point was a lot of people say "oh I only dropped it 2 feet on the carpet" which just slows things down