iPhone 5s screen completely dead

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dig818, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Dig818 macrumors newbie

My phone had a bad ear speaker, so I took it apart, decided i would just deal with having to use speaker phone. I went put it back together and now nothing works on the screen, backlight, or lcd. I believe it is on because when I connect it to a computer it recognizes it, but I didn't do anything with the screen. I took off the connector shield and made sure they didn't somehow come unplugged. Is there anything simple that I may have missed?

2. Dig818 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Um...before you took your phone apart, why didn't you take it to Apple and have it repaired or replaced under warranty? :eek:

4. Dig818 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fair question. I bought it 2nd hand, didn't realize they are all less than a year old.

5. kidsleepy macrumors member

kidsleepy

it wouldn't matter if you purchased it secondhand. warranties are covered no matter what. for instance, i bought an xbox 360 a while back and it red-ring'd of death'd and microsoft covered me completely.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I think you quoted the wrong person.

7. Dig818 thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, but the warranties on electronics are typically limited to one year. (They may have extended the xBox 360 because of a manufacture defect, tons of people had that known problem) I didn't realize that the phone was less than a year old. I looked up later that their release date was Sept of 2013

8. I7guy macrumors G5

Just wondering why you didn't check the warranty before you took the phone apart?

9. Dig818 thread starter macrumors newbie

:rolleyes:.... forget I asked.